Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Who is the April 2013 Cherokee Of The Month?

• rubiprime

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • SFRautomotive

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • billb2011

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • JeepN4KC

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 1990JEEPXJ

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Kettles

Votes: 2 3.9%

Vote for the April 2013 Cherokee Of The Month!!!

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  chris87xj 
#1 ·
COTM Voting Rules and Guidelines

If your entry makes it to the final poll you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
A minimum of 25 technical posts are required to participate in the voting process.
If you are found cheating in anyway, you will be disqualified from the contest and not be allowed to enter again. In some cases you may also be banned. The following would be considered cheating:

1. Making multiple accounts to vote for yourself or asking anyone else to create new accounts to vote for you.
2. Asking your friends to register on JeepForum.com so they can vote for you. Excessive new member votes could be not counted.
3. Posts or threads anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
4. Promoting your entry on any other website asking people to vote for you - this includes threads, signatures, or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
5. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
6. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread. There is a three picture limit for entries.

This contest is for the members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature but please do so in a tasteful way, just keep it in line with other JF signatures.
Let's have good clean poll thread here thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's getting late in the day and time to get this April Cherokee Of The Month poll thread started. Congratulations to GregB 00XJ for the March win.
This month we have a mystery line-up of 6 gorgeous XJ's to check out. There's no shortage of custom modifications here that encompass a little bit of everything, and it's up to you to help decide who will be this year's JeepForum April Cherokee Of The Month.
Take the time to check these rigs out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote.

Also please click the
button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads on the JF Forum homepage.

Feel free to post up with positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today.
Here are your April 2013 COTM entries in the order received. Let's get this started and see where it goes! :2thumbsup: 
rubiprime said:
Year: 1998

Model: xj sport

Drive Train: 4.0, aw4

Suspension: 8 inch rough country

Wheels/Tires: procomp 98 , 35" km2

Other Notable Modifications: 4.88 gears, sye, shackle relocaters, control arm drop brackets, iron rock track bar and bracket, iron rock hd tie rod, and winch bumper w/ rough country 9500lb winch

Optional: got divorced, sold the boat and truck and got back into jeeps and four wheelin.

SFRautomotive said:
Year: 92

Model: xj's

Drive Train: 4.0,ax15, np231 with sye,
Front axle is a Ford Dana 44 with ssbc brake kit, Lincoln locker, moog ball joints, 4.10s, chromoly axles with CTM u joints, and warn hubs.
Rear: 8.8 axle, 4.10s, Lincoln locker, ruffsruff diff cover, truss

Suspension: Front: homebrew high clearence 3 link with 2" DOM and 1.25" heims, with 4.5" springs, 12" travel shocks, homebrew OTK steering and track bar with 1.5" DOM and 7/8 heims.
Rear: homebrew double triangulated 4link with rear LJ coils, 14" travel shocks mounted on shock hoop through rear floorboard. Procomp limiting straps.

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.5x15 pro comp mt on 15x10 aluminum wheels.

Other Notable Modifications: low profile front bumper with warn vr8000 winch and d ring mounts, low profile rear bumper with built in 2" reciever, 2x6 sliders, gas tank relocation, cowl snorkel, flat belly crossmember, 1.75 x.120 DOM exo/interior cage with frame rail, roof, floor, and other tie ins, led rock lights, custom soft windows, h4 conversion headlights, 280zx hood vents, and other stuff I'm sure I've forgotten.

Favorite Modification: rear 4 link

Least Favorite Modification: rock lights

Best Trail Damage: Best trail damage: crushed in door, busted out window on other side, popped limiting strap, and crushed grill all on one line

Build Thread: My 92 XJ build (now 4 linked)

billb2011 said:
Year: 1999

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, NP231, D30(Aussie Locker), 8.25(Lincoln Lock)

Suspension: RE 5.5", soon to have Rusty's coils

Wheels/Tires: Pro Comp 15"x10" wheels, 33x12.5x15 Super Swamper TSL's

Other Notable Modifications: Safari Snorkel, Trimmed fenders, Warn VR8000, Front winch bumper, custom rocker rails, custom rear window rub rails, custom rear bumper in the works, rear bottom corners bobbed.

Favorite Modification: All the custom stuff I have made for it, and the winch! Also my wifes favorite mod is the removable step I made so she can get in easier!

Least Favorite Modification: Need to find a better place to mount the CB, its mounted to the console above and to the rear of my head.

Best Trail Damage: Lots of dents along the passenger side doors and quarters, strangely enough the driver side is straight as an arrow haha!

Build Thread: Never started one.

Optional: I got it about 2 years ago wth the lift already installed and that's all, I was going to keep it as mild as I could until I started wheeling with a Jeep club and then one thing lead to another and just like so many others of us it got out of hand and now I am almost at trailerable only status!! haha. The pictures don't show all the mods I have listed as I don't have any updated pictures.

JeepN4KC said:
Year: 2000

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 I6/AW4/NP231/D30/Chrysler 8.25 29sp

Suspension: Rough Country 4.5"

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2's on Unique Series 252 steelies

Other Notable Modifications: Aussie locker out back; TnT Customs XD belly pan; Tomken fuel tank skid; Solid Axle Ind. diff covers f/r; installed hitch for rear shackle recovery; rust abatement/rattle-can two toned; fenders trimmed; rear quarters cut&boxed; p/w's cut&folded; zj fan clutch; hood spacers

Favorite Modification: everything I've done

Least Favorite Modification: none of them

Best Trail Damage: the usual pinstriping and "lovetaps" here and there

Build Thread: My Other Build Thread

Optional: The XJ is the project/toy Jeep of our fleet and was bought for the purpose of "saving" the WK from trail damage. I find myself wanting to drive it more and more.

1990JEEPXJ said:
Year: 1990

Model: Laredo

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, 242, D30, D44

Suspension: RE 5.5" superflex short arm with drop brackets, shackle relocation brackets

Wheels/Tires: 33X10.5 mounted on 15x7 AR outlaw II

Other Notable Modifications: grizzly lockers front and rear, alloys up front, WJ knuckle swap, 2x6 rocker replacement, PSC steering box, custom t-case skid, D30 truss, and more

Favorite Modification: lockers

Least Favorite Modification: old truetrac, has been replaced

Best Trail Damage: rolled it

Build Thread: The '90

Optional: built this jeep from the groud up and learned a lot from it. its gone from a nice little DD to a capable rig ready for most anything.

Kettles said:
Year: 2001

Model: XJ

Drive Train: - 4.0L, AW4, NP231, D30/D35

Suspension: 3.5" front (rusty's HD coils, BDS shocks, Ironman 4x4 lower control arms), 4" Rear (bastard pack, rustys shocks)

Wheels/Tires: 31x10.5x15 Firestone Destination AT on stock steel.

Other Notable Modifications: AJ's Front bumper, hitch mount winch, CB radio, LCA skids, rear disc brakes, Frame Stiffeners. Keyless ignition (disabled right now)

Favorite Modification: Keyless Ignition. That was really cool. I never got around to installing the starter switch again after I replaced a piece of my dash that was broken though.

Least Favorite Modification: Sanden OBA setup. A/C is too important, so I just fixed it a year later.

Best Trail Damage: Dented my roof gutter above the passenger rear door.

Build Thread: My '01 buid "Dee" the Patriot Blue XJ

Optional: I have had her for around 5 years now and I can never imagine parting with her. I have too much fun working on her, driving her and getting dirty when the time is right.

#6 ·
Voted, good luck guys.

#8 ·
good lineup this month.

good luck everyone!

#14 ·
Looks like the COTM poll is shaping up with a spread of votes across the board this month.
According to the new "Thread Crawls" functionality at the bottom of the main forum area, this thread is tied for top place this week, nice!
Click that 'Crawl This Thread' button up there okay.

#24 ·
The voting members of JF have spoken and this poll is now closed.

:congrats: Please join me here and now in congratulating SFRautomotive as the
This Cherokee has a lot going for it and definitely falls into my favorite catagory which is "labors of love".
As our April COTM, SFRautomotive will be receiving a complimentary one year premium JeepForum membership in recognition along with all due bragging rights.

SFRautomotive said:
Year: 92
Model: xj's
Drive Train: 4.0,ax15, np231 with sye,
Front axle is a Ford Dana 44 with ssbc brake kit, Lincoln locker, moog ball joints, 4.10s, chromoly axles with CTM u joints, and warn hubs.
Rear: 8.8 axle, 4.10s, Lincoln locker, ruffsruff diff cover, truss
Suspension: Front: homebrew high clearence 3 link with 2" DOM and 1.25" heims, with 4.5" springs, 12" travel shocks, homebrew OTK steering and track bar with 1.5" DOM and 7/8 heims.
Rear: homebrew double triangulated 4link with rear LJ coils, 14" travel shocks mounted on shock hoop through rear floorboard. Procomp limiting straps.
Wheels/Tires: 35x12.5x15 pro comp mt on 15x10 aluminum wheels.
Other Notable Modifications: low profile front bumper with warn vr8000 winch and d ring mounts, low profile rear bumper with built in 2" reciever, 2x6 sliders, gas tank relocation, cowl snorkel, flat belly crossmember, 1.75 x.120 DOM exo/interior cage with frame rail, roof, floor, and other tie ins, led rock lights, custom soft windows, h4 conversion headlights, 280zx hood vents, and other stuff I'm sure I've forgotten.
Favorite Modification: rear 4 link
Least Favorite Modification: rock lights
Best Trail Damage: Best trail damage: crushed in door, busted out window on other side, popped limiting strap, and crushed grill all on one line
Build Thread: My 92 XJ build (now 4 linked)

Thanks to everyone who participated by entry or voting this month.
Check back next month for the May COTM contest!
Entry thread up 5/6 and poll thread starts on 5/13.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.