Vote for the 2013 JF Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year!!! - takeII - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Vote for the 2013 JF Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year!!! - takeII

ExtremeTerrain has Daystar Wrangler Parts!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

View Poll Results: who's it gonna be this year!?
Feb - hawaii 6 8.96%
Mar - GregB_00XJ 5 7.46%
Apr - SFRautomotive 21 31.34%
May - alexrule123 4 5.97%
June - ibjeepin95 3 4.48%
Jul - VegasGT 5 7.46%
Aug - 1990JEEPXJ 3 4.48%
Sep - JeepN4KC 2 2.99%
Oct - DezertTJ 2 2.99%
Nov - LimeLJ 16 23.88%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Vote for the 2013 JF Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year!!! - takeII

2013 COTY Voting Rules and Guidelines Rev.12/2013

Contest entries will not be accepted from anyone serving in a JeepForum support function including forum moderators, administrators, vendors, and AutoGuide or VerticalScope employees. Any of the above with an active JF account have one vote that can be used in the poll if desired.

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely won’t be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature and only with the official and approved link that will be provided to contestants.
Let’s have good clean poll thread here thanks.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month here - Yes YOU!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I always look forward the end of the year bringing our annual Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year contest. This is my favorite contest month since the COTY poll features a line-up of all the COTMs chosen throughout the year - and as you’ll see, every one of them is notable.

We’ve got 10 great rigs here for your review. This poll will run 6 days and then close on Saturday afternoon when the winner will be announced. The winner of this contest receives a Lifetime Premium JeepForum membership award in recognition of their accomplishment plus all due bragging rights and induction into the JF COTY hall of fame where only the best of the best grace the halls.

Please take some time this week to check out these rigs belonging to your fellow forum members and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote.
Thanks for everyone’s patience in getting this contest to a finish. Safe holiday wishes for everybody this week and thanks for another great year here on the forum!

Here are your 2013 COTY entries in order of COTM month!

COTY 2009
Quote:
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

February COTM – hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii

Year: 2001

Model: 60th Edition Sport

Drive Train: 4.0L, AW4, HP30-760x / 8.25 w/ 4.56s

Wheels/Tires: Eagle Alloy, 35x12.5R15 TrXuS MT

Other Notable Modifications: Wife in the passenger seat.

Favorite Modification: Oil Pan Heater

Least Favorite Modification: Eagle Alloy rims. Aluminum contracts enough in -50c (-58 f) to leak slowly.

Best Trail Damage: None

Optional: I go "Aurora Hunting" in my XJ most of the time.

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

March COTM– GregB_00XJ

March COTM– GregB_00XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ

Year: 2000 Cherokee

Model: Classic

Drive Train: 4.0L AW4 Auto NP231 (with AA SYE)

Suspension: 4" Mix and Match (RC, BDS, Custom Leafs)

Wheels/Tires: Hankook MT RT03 @ 31x10.5x15 on Allied Wheel Soft 8

Other Notable Modifications: Detours USA Tailbone, 63MM Bored TB, 4 port Bosch injectors, Magnaflo Exhaust, OEM Mopar Brush Guard (from a 1992 LTD), custom relay/switch box with Prime4x4 Ashtray switch panel, custom home made LED rock lights plus NEW Prime4x4 9 LED rock lights, Ruff Stuff diff guards FR and Rear, roof basket with NEW Seward Offroad LED lights front and rear, 400 watt Pioneer Premier/Infinity/Alpine sound system, WJ seats. Coming soon new 4.5" lift with ACOS adjustable coil spacers, upgraded steering/tie rod setup (STOKED)

Favorite Modification: tie between Tailbone and relay/switch box

Least Favorite Modification: rear leafs (they are shot, 4.5" RC leafs on order)

Best Trail Damage: Ripped the passenger side rear shock off last trip out and finally did in my rear leafs

Build Thread: Recently Purchased 2000 Cherokee Classic (Project?)

Optional: I bought this Jeep from my mother in law. She got rid of her old 4 Runner (Trusty Rusty) and saw this at her work with a for sale sign on it. She bought it next day from the original owner. The day I saw it, about a week later I said "I call dibs on this one when you sell it". She drove it for about a year, and popped the rad on the highway. While it was in for repairs she fell in love with a Mercedes Benz SUV, bought it and sold me the XJ the following week.
Sadly she passed away from a heart attack only a few short months later... so this Jeep is kind of a Heirloom Jeep I guess? My wife will not let me sell it (not that I want to) even though she says she hates it. Really I think she likes it, but can’t admit it?

Most recent - Ready to roll for a backwoods camping trip

Kids LOVE Jeeps - My son and the XJ

Well that sucks - Road side repairs (XJ rides pretty good on 3 shocks!)

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

April COTM – SFRautomotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive

Year: 1992

Model: cherokee

Drive Train: Engine: 4.0 with 270,000, 00 wj intake manifold, custom cowl snorkel.
Tcase: SYE, rebuilt, custom driveshafts, solid linkage, clocked flat.
Front axle: EB dana44, warn hubs, 4340 chromoly axles, CTM U joints, moog ball joints, SSBC disc brake kit, 4.10, welded carrier.
Rear axle: Ford 8.8, trussed, ruffstuff cover, 4.10, yokun Cclip eliminator with 4340 chromoly axle shafts, ARB locker.

Suspension: Front high clearance 3 link with 1.25 RS heims and 4.5" Rusty s coils. Rear high clearance double triangulated 4 link with stock JK rear coils.

Wheels/Tires: 37x12.5x17 goodyear MTR-K on 17x9 crawler wheels

Other Notable Modifications: Body: retubbed rear fenders, rebuilt front inners, exo/ inner cage from 1.75x.120 dom, high clearance sliders and bumpers.
Steering: 1.5x.25 dom links with 7/8" heims for steering and track bar, OTK, ported stock box, PSC ram, big cooler, and filter.
Other: vr8000 winch tucked under the radiator, UHMV flat belly skid plate. Gas tank relocated, vinyl rear windows. Autopal headlights, 280zx hood vents

Favorite Modification: rear 4 link

Least Favorite Modification: rock lights

Best Trail Damage: Best trail damage: crushed in door, busted out window on other side, popped limiting strap, and crushed grill all on one line

Build thread: My 92 XJ build

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

May COTM – alexrule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

Year: 2001

Model: Cherokee Limited

Drive Train: 4.0, aw4, np231 w/AA SYE, HP Dana 30 w/Spartan locker, 760x Ujoints, Dana 44 LSD w/rear disks, 4.88 gears

Suspension: 6" IRO long arm lift, Liquid Iron Industries Slider Boxes, Fox Shox, ACOS

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50 MTR/Kevlar, 16" Moab wheels with Spider Trax Spacers

Other Notable Modifications: WJ Brakes and steering swap, ACR steering box, Power Steering Cooler, Currie Antirock Sway Bar, JCR sliders, Upgraded Diff Covers, Thor Cowl Intake, 60mm Bored TB, Cobra Injectors, Rugged Ridge Header, 2.5" Exhaust with Borla Muffler, Brown Dog Motor Mounts

Favorite Modification: WJ Brakes and Steering

Least Favorite Modification: None

Best Trail Damage: Damaged crappy stock rear bumper in Ocala

Build Thread: My '01 Build Thread

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

June COTM – ibjeepin95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Year: 1999

Model: Jeep Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, NP231 w/ JB Conversions SYE, HP Dana 30 w/Lock Right, Chrysler 8.25 29 spline w/Lincoln Locker

Suspension: 4ish inches of lift, 3 linked, LII leaf slider boxes, Clayton track bar w/ double shear bracket, IRO OTK steering, Rock Krawler 3 link, 10" Bilstein 5100's front, 12" 5100's rear via hoops, bumpstops at every corner

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50x15 Pro Comp M/T's wrapped around 15x8 black steel w/ 3.75 BS

Other Notable Modifications: Rusty's steering box brace, ORS stubby bumper, Currie LCA mini skids, JCR gas tank skid, completely flat cross member w/transfer case skid built in (built by me),HD Engineering frame stiffeners, exhaust tucked up tight against the floor, 2x6 steel rockers (built by me), tail light boxes w/ LED lights (built by me)

Favorite Modification: All of them, they all work together nicely...

Least Favorite Modification: 3:55 gears

Best Trail Damage: Dents e'erwhere

Build Thread: ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Optional: From the beginning I wanted to build an XJ that could be driven to a trail or park, beat on hard, and then driven back home. I have put a pile of time and money wrenching and fabbing up stuff to get it where it is, and I can say I am almost happy with it. It has treated me well and I can say I have beat the snot out of it and it never misses a beat!

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

July COTM – VegasGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Year: '99

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0/AW4, Open 8.25 29spl, Aussie locked HP30

Suspension: 4.5" RE/RC hybrid lift (RE coils, RC LCA's, 11"/10" travel f/r shocks, AAL, 1.5" shackles and HD Offroad No Lift Shackle relocation brackets, redrilled trackbar te center axle, Homemade Quick Disconnects made with 1/2" Heims

Wheels/Tires: 32x11.5 Hankook Dynapro MT's on 15x8 Cragar D Windows w/ 4" backspacing

Other Notable Modifications: Dirtbound Offroad Mojave front bumper, Custom built Rear wraparound bumper for cut n fold, IRO HD tie rod, Autopal H4 Housings, Hella 80/100w bulbs, Putco harness, LED swapped gauge cluster, Pioneer headunit, 20% tint, Thrush Welded muffler tucked up close to underside.

Favorite Modification: Aussie locked D30. Its absolutely incredible how much of an improvement it made pulling up on the big rocks.

Least Favorite Modification: Pretty content with everything so far.

Best Trail Damage: Smashed in passenger side rocker up behind the door on monster rock, dented drivers front fender when I slid off my line into a tree (able to pull most of that back out)

Build Thread: VegasGT's "TastefullyCheap" Build - '99 XJ

Optional: Picked the Jeep up off an old man who kept it well maintained and after some time and putting my purse down I began to tear into it. It has turned into a nice weekend warrior. My wife and I load up for a weekend of wheeling, drive the 45 mile trip down, wheel and camp out of it the whole weekend and drive it back home. It will never be done but Ive been very happy with the setup so far.

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

August COTM – 1990JEEPXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ

Year: 1990

Model: Laredo

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, 242 w/hack 'n tap, D30, D44, 4.88's

Suspension: RE 5.5" superflex short arm with drop brackets, shackle relocation brackets
Wheels/Tires:[/B] 33X10.5 KM2's mounted on 15x7 AR outlaw II

Other Notable Modifications: grizzly lockers front and rear, alloy shafts up front, WJ knuckle and akebono brake swap, 2x6 rocker replacement/mini boatside, PSC steering box tapped for assist, custom t-case skid, D30 truss, 1.75"x 3/8" wall tie rod, OTA trackbar, half doors, ruffstuff and riddler covers, C-Rok steering brace, B&M tranny cooler. Also have 12" bilstein 7100's waiting to go on

Favorite Modification: lockers and half doors

Least Favorite Modification: old truetrac, has been replaced

Best Trail Damage: rolled it

Build Thread: The '90

Optional: built this jeep from the ground up and learned a lot from it. its gone from a nice little DD to a capable rig ready for most anything.

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

September COTM – JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

Year: 2000

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 I6/AW4/NP231/LPD30/Chrysler 8.25 29sp

Suspension: Rough Country 4.5"

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2's on Unique Series 252 steelies

Other Notable Modifications: Aussie locker out back; TnT Customs chassis stiffeners; TnT Customs XD belly pan; Tomken fueltank skid; Solid Axle Ind. diff covers f/r; Crown heavy duty steering upgrade; Brown Dog poly motor mounts; swaybars removed; custom front bumper/stinger with recovery points; installed hitch for rear shackle recovery; front fenders trimmed -- and retrimmed; rear fenders cut&folded; rear quarters cut&boxed; p/w's cut&folded; rust abatement/rattle-can two toned; hood spacers; totally rebuilt cooling system; "fake" glass rear liftgate; "hairless" (carpets removed) and a bunch of other odds and ends.

Favorite Modification: everything I've done but the Aussie and the chassis stiffeners rank high

Least Favorite Modification: none of them

Best Trail Damage: blowing out the rear glass - look on my daughter's face was priceless..lol; crushing in the passenger rocker just behind the B-post

Build Thread: My Other Build Thread

Optional: The XJ is the project/toy Jeep of our fleet and was bought for the purpose of "saving" the WK from trail damage. I like driving it around but I bought it to wheel it.

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

October COTM – DezertTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ

Year: 1998

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0L, AW4, NP231 w/ H&T SYE, Tom Woods shafts

Suspension: 5.5 F RE Coils, 3.5 RE full leafs, 1.5 shackles, Bilstein 5100s, RE Superflex control arms, RE Gen 2 Discos

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.50 BFG KM2s, 15x7 Alloys, 255/75/17 KM1s on JK Moabs w/ Synergy Suspension 1.50" adapters

Other Notable Modifications: Surco Aluminum 45x60 Roof Rack, 30" Cree LED light bar, Hella 500s, SAT Radio, Hood prop, CB with 3' antenna and custom mount

Favorite Modification: Cree LED light bar

Least Favorite Modification: SF arms

Best Trail Damage: Fell sideways into a rock ledge, damaging both drivers side doors

Build Thread: 98 XJ -The TJ's brother build

Optional: Built this XJ to be my DD. It has been so much fun to wheel that I always contemplate building it bigger with stronger axles. It goes everywhere I take it and with 200k+ miles on it, it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I'm proud to have this and would never want to get rid of it!

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

November COTM - LimeLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeLJ

Year: 1987/1997

Model: Comanche

Drive Train: 1997+ XJ based, 4.0L stroked and bored to 4.7L(260+ HP), AW4, 4WD, D30 front/D44 rear 4.56 gearing

Suspension: 5.5", Front is a mixture of Rubicon Express, Iron Rock Off Road, and JKS. Rear is a spring over axle conversion. Bilstein 5100 shocks.

Wheels/Tires: 2013 JK Moab rims on wheel adapters/spacers and 32" BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain tires

Other Notable Modifications: Complete 1997+ XJ generation swap. Exterior, interior, electrical, emissions, etcetera. Custom satin olive drab green paint done at home in the garage.

Favorite Modification: Stroker Engine

Least Favorite Modification: No muffler, that was only fun for a few hours.

Best Trail Damage: Not exactly trail, but the one day old freshly painted bed fell off the crane three feet to the ground damaging the rear lip.

Build Thread: APPLJCK - 1997 Jeep Comanche Work Log - 4.7L Stroker and Exterior/Interior Swap

Optional: I put over 300 hours over two years into a fairly basic, some what rusted, and non-running 2WD Comanche to create an updated Comanche while restoring the over all vehicle to a healthy condition.

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #13
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Great group of jeeps here, good luck to all!

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Drove in, checked it out and voted bump

nate and art7 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Are you still allowed 1 line of advertising in your sig?
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.