Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

the vehicle you had before your cherokee

49K views 184 replies 149 participants last post by  nuny4 
#1 · (Edited)
like the title says..what was the vehicle you had before your xj?

vehicle - 1996 Chrysler Sebring JX convertible

mods - nothing really. infinity stereo system with 6 disc changer, cobra 5 stage alarm system, thats about it

background - my parents got it from some guy and they paid off his lease. it had 10,000 miles on it at the time. they had it as a weekend cruiser but after they sold the durango, it became a daily driver. ever since it had become a daily driver, i started taking care of it because at the time, i was like 10 and back then, it was like a camaro to me (had no real idea what power was all about). i washed it every week and waxed it once a month and when i was 12, started doing oil changes on it every 3k. a week before i got my license, my parents offered it to me for $2,000.

i took them up on it and payed $1,000 and said id pay the other $1,000 off in a month when i made the money (had just gotten my new job). i did and a month later, i found my jeep at the local jeep dealership and put the car on craigslist the same night i saw the jeep. sold the sebring a week after i bought the jeep. and i have no regrets. :)

pictures

to keep it xj related, im gonna work on mine tomorrow.

:)

See less See more
#174 · (Edited)
[CLICK FREE for deanerf]

Maybe in order, maybe not.

93' Ford Explorer

85' VW Scirocco - I still have this car

90' Dodge Shadow Turbo

86' Audi 5000CD wagon - 23psi :p

86' VW Jetta carat - just lowered with wide steelies

93' VW Passat Wagon - Did a vr6 + 5speed swap, then boosted it + some other stuff

92' VW GTI - 1.8t 20valve turbo swap (with a big turbo) etc

90' VW jetta - Had this for quite awhile (though owning some of the other projects) and jsut sold it for my jeep!

click freee

#177 ·
Started out in and learned to drive at 13 in my dads 76 chevy scottsdale 2500 with a built 350 lol. Started out up on mountain back roads and such since I couldnt well drive on the road at 13 hahah.

Then once I had my permit I drove my moms car alot. Completely stock 2000 mustang except for some Cobra rims.

hahahahah :laugh:

Then I got my own car. A 97 Eclipse. I loved this thing. Chick magnet. [= Til the ****in motor blew up. :brickwall

In the mean time my dad bought the XJ for better gas mileage then his truck. I had driven it occasionally and liked it but was still in love with my clipse. Once it blew up though my dad let me drive the XJ occasionally but was still his. If I wanted to go somewhere I would drive the Stang.

But eventually my dad felt sorry for me not having my own vehicle so i got the XJ and its been mine ever since. :2thumbsup:

#180 ·
95 ZJ with 3" Lift on 31s
80 Bronco with 6"Lift on 35s
92 Isuzu Rodeo my first 4x4
93 Mitsubishi Eclipse
And I wheeled everyone of them:2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.