VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody" - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody"

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #76
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

How much is the IRO rod again? JF members get any kind of discount through them?

Ive got a few other things needing addressed first, but I may consider going ahead and ordering just because I like when Brown Santa brings me stuff haha.
I wanna say it was like 80 something shipped, not sure about the discounts.

Unread 02-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #77
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

wow ... thats a good price
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #78
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
I wanna say it was like 80 something shipped, not sure about the discounts.
Ok, thats about what I was thinking, its 67 on the site minus shipping. Im going to PullAPart in the next week or two and just grab up whatever I find. If they have a ZJ rod I may just grab that so I can use the bigger TRE's, otherwise Ill do IRO's tie rod. I need to pick up a front driveshaft too for future SYE install. Believe Im going to do the IRO HnT.

Im just trying to gather parts here and there at this point. The weather is still pretty terrible, so I dont plan to install anything too soon. That will give me some time to get my **** together without breaking the bank all at once. We have a Corolla for backup DD duty, so when my parts stash grows full and the weather cooperates Ill pull the XJ of DD status and throw it all together. Too bad its not later in the build, as I know where I can get a set of new redletter General Grabbers for 600 bucks right now in 35" flavor. Pity.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #79
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Came home to find Brown Santa dropped off the 4th tire to complete my set. Love these tires.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #80
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Came home to find Brown Santa dropped off the 4th tire to complete my set. Love these tires.
Best tire ive had. Love mine!
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #81
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Best tire ive had. Love mine!
Yeap, I noticed you were rockin em too! And im with ya, just something about them!

My other 3 are getting seasoned but still have 60% tread probably, i forgot how much tread a new one had on it til today! Ive had excellent luck out of them, and they wear very well. I plan to buy a new one every so often til I have a whole new set again and plenty of spares if I decide to stay on 31's.

Thats kind of the fork in the road when it comes to my build plans lol. Once the primary to do list is done, it will either go 35's and chopped up route, or hang onto 31s and go for an expo themed rig. As much as I dig road trips and camping, it may very well be the latter. That is what a Jeep build is after all, tailoring your rig to meet your demands. Time will tell though.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #82
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Yeap, I noticed you were rockin em too! And im with ya, just something about them!

My other 3 are getting seasoned but still have 60% tread probably, i forgot how much tread a new one had on it til today! Ive had excellent luck out of them, and they wear very well. I plan to buy a new one every so often til I have a whole new set again and plenty of spares if I decide to stay on 31's.

Thats kind of the fork in the road when it comes to my build plans lol. Once the primary to do list is done, it will either go 35's and chopped up route, or hang onto 31s and go for an expo themed rig. As much as I dig road trips and camping, it may very well be the latter. That is what a Jeep build is after all, tailoring your rig to meet your demands. Time will tell though.
33s and both? :P

Sent from my black box in my silver pos box
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #83
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
33s and both? :P

Thats kinda what Im thinking. When the time comes, I can throw my 31s on CL and get my money back and then some. No stranger to 4.5" and 33's (see "Resistance" build in sig), but 31s are kind of the hand I was dealt for now so we will see how it goes. I still comb CL everyday for deals on tires and all that tho.

Either way, I dig the expo look and usefulness. Im just going to kind of let it all pan out and see what happens, Ill be just as shocked as you all.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #84
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Nothing wrong with building a rig thats unmolested!
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #85
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yes yes their is lots wrong with that.
Aussie it and beat it like it owes you.

Unread 02-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #86
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95
Yes yes their is lots wrong with that.
Aussie it and beat it like it owes you.

Nah, id like to have one built for looks and one for trails. No need to fuxk up a good thing.
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #87
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1

Nah, id like to have one built for looks and one for trails. No need to fuxk up a good thing.
It's a xj

Unread 02-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #88
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Nothing wrong with building a rig thats unmolested!
Thank you! Glad to see someone else sees it that way. Id like a trail only rig one day, but Im not really in this hobby to be an all out crawler. Just want Jeep that performs well enough to take out and have fun with and look good too. Im certainly not against trail damage, Im just not like some of my friends who purposely seek out denting **** for no real reason.

Ultimately, Im beyond just a Jeeper, i like to fish, hunt, and be in the outdoors period. The Jeep thing started as a means to "get out there" and just happened to turn into a fullblown hobby haha.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #89
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Thank you! Glad to see someone else sees it that way. Id like a trail only rig one day, but Im not really in this hobby to be an all out crawler. Just want Jeep that performs well enough to take out and have fun with and look good too. Im certainly not against trail damage, Im just not like some of my friends who purposely seek out denting **** for no real reason.

Ultimately, Im beyond just a Jeeper, i like to fish, hunt, and be in the outdoors period. The Jeep thing started as a means to "get out there" and just happened to turn into a fullblown hobby haha.
Exactally, you can wheel a rig hard while being careful. Thats what makes it more exciting.
Unread 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #90
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Idk I like the clean but big look, well trimmed 3 inch on 32 or 33
4.5 With 33-37 well done

Mine is a not quite pos so cutting it is fine!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.