VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody" - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody"

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCOR

Unread 05-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #286
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

^ The winch plate add-on would probably be the route I would take, but that is still some time down the road anyway.

In other news, assuming its not a washout, my favorite local offroad park The Wishbone Ranch is finally having their first ride of the year for May 18-19. Means ive got 2 weeks to get everything together and ready to go, already got several friends committed to going too.

I checked in on Turkey Bay again and the campgrounds are still partially flooded with rain coming for the next few days so that May 10-12 trip is now officially out. Hopefully it dries up for WBR. Its a lot closer to me anyway and nice and rocky.

I havent been to WBR with my own rig since I had my TJ so Im pretty pumped.

Shot of said TJ at WBR at the top of Gimme Three Steps. Dont make fun of my scweet poserboy bumper. There when I bought it.

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #287
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ordered a Putco H4 harness and Hella 80/100w bulbs to go in my Autopals. Ive removed my cheap Harbor Freight aux lights and I forgot how much I used to rely on them at night. The factory harness really does bring the suck.

I will likely rewire the harness to accept standard relays instead of the funky ones. I was going to build my own harness but after I got the materials I wouldnt be saving anything over the Putco setup.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #288
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Came home to stuff at my door.

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #289
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Dude how did i miss you ordering dirtbounds frot bumper?!!!? Im thinking hard on getting it nxt month! Those need to be mounted asap....with cut fenders!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #290
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Dude how did i miss you ordering dirtbounds frot bumper?!!!? Im thinking hard on getting it nxt month! Those need to be mounted asap....with cut fenders!
They are only 32s so I believe I can stuff em without trimming. They are pretty good sized over my current 31s, more than I was expecting. But as long as they'll stuff Ill rock flares. Ill hack em if they get in the way.

And yea, I just seen where Dirtbound started offering their Mojave line with a matching front bumper earlier this year. I was ready to pick up a JCR DIY but when I seen the Dirtbound I was quick to jump on it! I plan to get the matching rear one day but I needed a front worse lol.

I spoke with them today and they were super cool guys. Told em about my wheeling trip the 18th and they said they'd do their best to get it to me in good time. Im pumped!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #291
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

They are only 32s so I believe I can stuff em without trimming. They are pretty good sized over my current 31s, more than I was expecting. But as long as they'll stuff Ill rock flares. Ill hack em if they get in the way.

And yea, I just seen where Dirtbound started offering their Mojave line with a matching front bumper earlier this year. I was ready to pick up a JCR DIY but when I seen the Dirtbound I was quick to jump on it! I plan to get the matching rear one day but I needed a front worse lol.

I spoke with them today and they were super cool guys. Told em about my wheeling trip the 18th and they said they'd do their best to get it to me in good time. Im pumped!
True that man!

Yeah when i bought my rear i want to add a tire carrier to it and they were very helpful with it all. I want the matching front soooooo bad.
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #292
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
True that man!

Yeah when i bought my rear i want to add a tire carrier to it and they were very helpful with it all. I want the matching front soooooo bad.
Haha Ill get plenty of pics, dont worry.

Aside from how badass the Dirtbound front looks, the last push that turned me off to the JCR unit was that they didnt go ahead and include tie-in brackets. I feel that should kind of be a standard deal when you are selling a bumper with d-ring tabs lol.

I am rocking JCR's banner on my windshield right now actually, mainly cause I had it from a previous purchase from them and I planned on buying their front bumper. I went ahead and ordered DirtBounds windshield decal to swap on though. No problems with JCR though, had great service with them too but I was drooling too much over the Mojave front not to buy it lol
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #293
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Oh and the box is RC 2.0 mono's for the front. Nothing fancy but they were cheap thats got me with an 11" travel shock up front and 10" out back. Need to work on bumpstopping probably and eventually picking up some LCA's with a damn flex joint.

Still so much to do. WBR trip is less than 2 weeks away now.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #294
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Schneaky peek at the tire shop.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #295
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #296
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Nice!
When I seen you made a reply I was expecting a "needs moar dents" lmao. Thanks mayne!!

Oh and heres the RC shocks I got in. Not so sure how the ride will be but they look kinda cool, were cheap, and are 11" travel. Ill be man enough for Bilsteins one day.

And a couple quick driveway shots after tire swap.

Oh and my old 31s are in the back givin it a lil saggage.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #297
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Looks real good!
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #298
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Looks real good!
Thanks man.

I believe Im gna bedline the flares and paint the grille black like my last red XJ was. I kinda dig the "SE" package look over the colormatch thing the newer Sports have. But thats jus me nitpicking, what I need is my bumper here NAOW.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #299
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Thanks man.

I believe Im gna bedline the flares and paint the grille black like my last red XJ was. I kinda dig the "SE" package look over the colormatch thing the newer Sports have. But thats jus me nitpicking, what I need is my bumper here NAOW.
No joke!! Hurry and get it shipped faster! Lol
I think im gonna order that bumper, fox remotes, and 4" coils beginning of nxt month. I wanna see it on yours, so take a **** ton of pics.
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #300
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No joke!! Hurry and get it shipped faster! Lol
I think im gonna order that bumper, fox remotes, and 4" coils beginning of nxt month. I wanna see it on yours, so take a **** ton of pics.
I will! Theres almost no pics of em out there right now, still pretty new I guess. Ill be sure and whore it out.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.