VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody" - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody"

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Reply
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #271
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Cancel that RC order and get Bilsteins instead, it'll be worth it.
Lol I had looked at Bilsteins long and hard but Ive never felt a good shock on a Jeep and Id hate to spoil myself now haha. Caught the RCs for 75 shipped, so itll take care of the travel Im needing, good enough for me.

I believe Ill put LCA's up on my priority list, Im a bit nervous of the extra stress my current LCA's put on the mounts during flexing.

__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #272
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Lol I had looked at Bilsteins long and hard but Ive never felt a good shock on a Jeep and Id hate to spoil myself now haha. Caught the RCs for 75 shipped, so itll take care of the travel Im needing, good enough for me.

I believe Ill put LCA's up on my priority list, Im a bit nervous of the extra stress my current LCA's put on the mounts during flexing.
You make me sad. When I jumped from 3.5" and crappy white shocks to 6.5" and Bilsteins it was night and day and I will never ever go back to any white shocks.

I'd go either IRO control arms (they are well under 420 even for adjustables), or sell the 31s and get the IRO long arm kit (only about 540).

Or get a OTK/1-Ton Steering Upgrade.
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #273
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,540
Hey now, the RC's I bought are silver. Totally way moar betterz lmao.

**** it, they will do the job, although if Bilsteins can make 6.5" lift on short arms ride good maybe I shoulda went those instead lol. My main ride quality issue is out back being kinda stiff. Ive considered the no lift relocation brackets to resolve that but havent really seen much input on them.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #274
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Hey now, the RC's I bought are silver. Totally way moar betterz lmao.

**** it, they will do the job, although if Bilsteins can make 6.5" lift on short arms ride good maybe I shoulda went those instead lol. My main ride quality issue is out back being kinda stiff. Ive considered the no lift relocation brackets to resolve that but havent really seen much input on them.
Once I have long arms my xj will ride even better. But I see no problem with short arms if you build it correctly.
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #275
XJ99XJ
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 215
Are your plans with the bumper too also get a winch? Or are you just looking for recovery points. Just because Installed my IRO recovery points with d-rings instead of hooks. $150.00 already tested em out and I like em a lot. Also the connect it frame rails together! Just saying

image-1428865544.jpg
__________________
--1999 Cherokee Sport 2" Lift 30" rubber
---1995 Cherokee Sport 4.5" 32" rubber
XJ99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #276
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99XJ View Post
Are your plans with the bumper too also get a winch? Or are you just looking for recovery points. Just because Installed my IRO recovery points with d-rings instead of hooks. $150.00 already tested em out and I like em a lot. Also the connect it frame rails together! Just saying

Attachment 620752
Those look nice but Im also looking for protection from the occasional tree and what not so a full bumper will be in order. I need a few other items but a lil protection and recovery are numero uno priority. Just wanted something clean that blends in well. I almost went with JCR's DIY kit but Dirtbound Offroad really caught my eye with their clean Mojave front bumper. After a coupon code I snagged it for 370 shipped with d-ring tabs and tie in brackets. Cant wait to install!
Pics for anyone unfamiliar with the design:
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #277
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,747
Why are you getting a hitch point for your front bumper?
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #278
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Why are you getting a hitch point for your front bumper?
Thats just the sample pic, I opted out of the front hitch for mine.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #279
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Thats just the sample pic, I opted out of the front hitch for mine.
Should have got the DIY winch bumper
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #280
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Should have got the DIY winch bumper
I just dont really care for how far they stick out, plus I dont have a winch nor do I plan to anytime soon. Aside from the cosmetic end of it, for me it doesnt make much sense to have a winch bumper with no winch on it.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #281
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I just dont really care for how far they stick out, plus I dont have a winch nor do I plan to anytime soon. Aside from the cosmetic end of it, for me it doesnt make much sense to have a winch bumper with no winch on it.
I have a winch bumper with no winch.
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #282
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I just dont really care for how far they stick out, plus I dont have a winch nor do I plan to anytime soon. Aside from the cosmetic end of it, for me it doesnt make much sense to have a winch bumper with no winch on it.
This. I would get the hitch so I could mount a winch up if I needed one. Thats just me though
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #283
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
This. I would get the hitch so I could mount a winch up if I needed one. Thats just me though
It'd be better if down the road he just welds a winch plate to that bumper imo.
Hitch winches are stupid and I don't get why people think they are the greatest thing ever. Heavy to lug around, plus you have to connect them and etc, which if you're sunk into the mud will be a pain in the ***.
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #284
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
It'd be better if down the road he just welds a winch plate to that bumper imo.
Hitch winches are stupid and I don't get why people think they are the greatest thing ever. Heavy to lug around, plus you have to connect them and etc, which if you're sunk into the mud will be a pain in the ***.
I dont want it outside all the time, I dont need one often so why not? I dont like mud....
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #285
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I dont want it outside all the time, I dont need one often so why not? I dont like mud....
Neither do I, but what's the point have having to re-plug it in every time and re-attach it if you get stuck. Having it outside isn't going to hurt it, and if you feel that way about it buy a cover.
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.