VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody" - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody"

Advance Adapters SYE KitsOconee Off-Road Jeep Night!SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 03-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #226
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Mine needs a cleaning bad. Im gonna let mine sit longer when i do it, i usually spray it on ad let it sot for 5min then spray it off. Thats prob my problem. Lol
Haha yea, thats probably it. I just did it mainly because I hate the way it looks and I hate getting all sludged up anytime Im doing work in that area.

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #227
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Due to temporary funding setbacks, ill have to wait on an SYE. Whipped these up real quick to get me by.

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #228
gasperooch
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Can you post some more pics of the shackle install? I just have trouble visualizing it since I've never done it before.
gasperooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #229
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasperooch View Post
Can you post some more pics of the shackle install? I just have trouble visualizing it since I've never done it before.
I didnt take any in the process, pretty simple to install though, basically a direct replacement. My shocks are plenty long so I just supported the body on stands, unbolted stock shackles (2 bolts per side), installed new and set it back down.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #230
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well started to install my tcase drop today and just couldnt bring myself to lower the belly clearance on this thing. Vibes right now arent so terrible that they cant wait a month or so for an SYE. Instead I actually secured my exhaust up higher to gain some more clearance. Then wheeled it most of the afternoon. Wheeled at a local place down the road with my wife, daughter, and my dog. Did get hardly any pictures at all but we had a blast.

Jeep did well even on 31s, but I got pretty vigorous with the throttle a few times, whacked some limbs, and got a little pinstriping. Im about ready to chop these flares and go to 33's the way I feel this afternoon.

And the pooch and lil one all tuckered out.

The place I was wheeling was actually full of rock ledges everywhere, ironically the only time the wife was out to snap pics was during that washout section there lol.

Ill get some better pics next time.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #231
gasperooch
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Good times. I was ready to shell out for tires and a poor man's lift with some tax return money but the wife spent it first... Oh well. Maybe enough to fix the motorcycle instead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #232
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Well started to install my tcase drop today and just couldnt bring myself to lower the belly clearance on this thing. Vibes right now arent so terrible that they cant wait a month or so for an SYE. Instead I actually secured my exhaust up higher to gain some more clearance. Then wheeled it most of the afternoon. Wheeled at a local place down the road with my wife, daughter, and my dog. Did get hardly any pictures at all but we had a blast.

Jeep did well even on 31s, but I got pretty vigorous with the throttle a few times, whacked some limbs, and got a little pinstriping. Im about ready to chop these flares and go to 33's the way I feel this afternoon.

And the pooch and lil one all tuckered out.

The place I was wheeling was actually full of rock ledges everywhere, ironically the only time the wife was out to snap pics was during that washout section there lol.

Ill get some better pics next time.
So she didn't get pics when you let her out on the rock ledges, WTH?
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #233
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
So she didn't get pics when you let her out on the rock ledges, WTH?
She wanted to be on board for the ride on the good stuff haha
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #234
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post

She wanted to be on board for the ride on the good stuff haha
I meant, rock ledge... she would be ........... down there
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #235
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lol gotcha.

Im trying to get a big ride together but my usual go-to offroad park hasnt posted any new dates and havent answered any emails. Weird because they hosted a bounty hill climb and had the CRAWL crew down at the end of last season and now its like they vanished.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #236
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cut them already!!!! Lol
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #237
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Cut them already!!!! Lol
Needs more rubber before I cut anything. Trimmed fenders on 4.5" and 31s would look silly. Really I hate even being on 31s as is but gotta start somewhere with it. Ultimately its going to depend on how DD friendly I wanna keep it, but either way if I had good 33s sitting at home Id start cutting lol.

For now Im less concerned with tire height and trimming as much as getting my ducks in a row for reliable wheeling trips how it sits. Will be doing a radiator flush, wiring aux fan to a switch, new tstat, etc.

Ordered a new hub bearing today too. Too be honest though things will likely get boring here for a while and Ill probably let the thread sink til I have something worth mentioning. Been putting a lot of money into bills and other things lately, and the Jeep hasnt been able to get much any love. Its depressing.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #238
gasperooch
1988 XJ Cherokee 

This might sound like a dumb question but what is the benefit to switching the aux fan. I noticed the PO did that on mine and I didn't understand.
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #239
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

that looks like some fun wheelin man !!
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #240
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasperooch View Post
This might sound like a dumb question but what is the benefit to switching the aux fan. I noticed the PO did that on mine and I didn't understand.
From the factory the aux fan kicks on at a preset temp (205 i think?) or when the AC is on. In the past Ive wired it to a switch off a constant power source so I could just leave it on when I wheel it to provide a little extra cooling assistance whenever I want it.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.