VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody" - Page 8 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 2859 Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalFlagg View Post
I really like your build! The color is really cool and I like all the mods on it...especially the lights on the hood. Judging from the night shot they are super bright. Good job
Thanks! Things will be getting a lot better when I throw some more parts at it and get some good wheeling in!

Supposed to be in the 50's this weekend, not sure what my plans are (err what the wife has planned), but if I get a free day I might go ahead and throw the RE coils and lca's up front, redrill tracbar mount, and see where that puts me at so I can decide what size shackle I need to match it up. Leafs are in good shape, so it might much up closer than I think. I kinda dig the front a little higher look. If I can get the top body line parallel to the ground Id be happy.


- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
What front axle you got?

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #108 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke95 View Post
what front axle you got?
hp30

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #109 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
Good Does it have the dual cats?

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #110 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Good Does it have the dual cats?
No thank God lol

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #111 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
Good. 99 is now added to my list of acceptable Xjs.

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #112 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Good. 99 is now added to my list of acceptable Xjs.
Yes, 99 is a great year, Ive had two of em.

While not all were modded, I have owned several XJ's from different years. Two '92's, 96, 97, 98, two 99's, and an 01.

The 98 and 99s were arguable the most well equipped, but I really liked my 2 door 92 also. I never had any problems with my 01, but 91-99 is the best safe spot.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #113 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Yes, 99 is a great year, Ive had two of em.

While not all were modded, I have owned several XJ's from different years. Two '92's, 96, 97, 98, two 99's, and an 01.

The 98 and 99s were arguable the most well equipped, but I really liked my 2 door 92 also. I never had any problems with my 01, but 91-99 is the best safe spot.
I want something HP30 Manual 2 door preferred.
I love my 88. But dad wants her gone, hes willing to help me finance a 1992-01 but I want a 91-99. I want to keep it cheap but also capable and I want to stay cleanish? 33s and 3 inch lift. front the RE 3.5 coils, rear 1 OME 1.5 shackle and shackle relocators

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #114 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I want something HP30 Manual 2 door preferred.
I love my 88. But dad wants her gone, hes willing to help me finance a 1992-01 but I want a 91-99. I want to keep it cheap but also capable and I want to stay cleanish? 33s and 3 inch lift. front the RE 3.5 coils, rear 1 OME 1.5 shackle and shackle relocators
Sounds a lot like my old 96 build. Straight to the point 3" lift, 33's, trimmed fenders. This was my first XJ, and it was definately budget lol. Bought it bone stock, sitting in some guys yard. Had bugs under center console haha.

It made a good Jeep though. I blame it for addicting me to it all.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #115 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Sounds a lot like my old 96 build. Straight to the point 3" lift, 33's, trimmed fenders. This was my first XJ, and it was definately budget lol. Bought it bone stock, sitting in some guys yard. Had bugs under center console haha.

It made a good Jeep though. I blame it for addicting me to it all.
I dig.
I want something capable, but also ok on the pocket, but also want heater and fans :P Minute details.
I want to fix mine but its 1 step forward 22 back.

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #116 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I dig.
I want something capable, but also ok on the pocket, but also want heater and fans :P Minute details.
I want to fix mine but its 1 step forward 22 back.
I had under 1500 in the white '96 up there, so it wont be no problem to ball on a budget.

Why you gotta get rid of the 88 anyway?

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #117 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I had under 1500 in the white '96 up there, so it wont be no problem to ball on a budget.

Why you gotta get rid of the 88 anyway?
Dad doesnt like it. If I can find a manual hed be willing to let me keep it. He wants something a bit better on gas and also with heat and AC.

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #118 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
This is not directly Jeep related, but in time could be. My wife has a loaded Chevy Trailblazer LTZ in need of tires. Ive been eyeballing the Kenda brand for a long time. They are well known and reputable in making tires outside of the automotive industry, but arent well known within it. I just purchased 4 of their AT's in the 245/70/17 variety (one size up from what the factory called for) for 536 bucks shipped.

Kenda has a nice looking MT for not much more money, so I will be putting these through their paces to determine if they are of good quality, and if so may purchase them in the future. The AT's should be in by midweek, so longterm reviewing will start then. Even the AT's have an attractive looking tread/sidewall design for the price range.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #119 of 2859 Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
This is not directly Jeep related, but in time could be. My wife has a loaded Chevy Trailblazer LTZ in need of tires. Ive been eyeballing the Kenda brand for a long time. They are well known and reputable in making tires outside of the automotive industry, but arent well known within it. I just purchased 4 of their AT's in the 245/70/17 variety (one size up from what the factory called for) for 536 bucks shipped.

Kenda has a nice looking MT for not much more money, so I will be putting these through their paces to determine if they are of good quality, and if so may purchase them in the future. The AT's should be in by midweek, so longterm reviewing will start then. Even the AT's have an attractive looking tread/sidewall design for the price range.
I dunno I prefer tread wrights to them. Keep us posted

Sent from my black box in my silver pos box

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #120 of 2859 Old 02-24-2013, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Got a lot done today! It was 60 degrees out, and I found some motivation.

Began the teardown of the front end for my RE 4.5" coils and LCA's. Already been through the front end once, so no real surpises.

Up on stands:


Old vs new


Lil trick I use to make lining up LCA bolts easily. Bottle jack to push the axle forward, and a jack under the wrench to keep everything straight.



Redrilled the trackbar while I was there. Took 5 minutes. Measured, marked, punched, and drilled. I used a 3/8 bit and ran it through the trackbar bushing to get a straight shot at the back hole. I wallowed out the 3/8's holes slightly to accept the factory size 10mm bolt tightly. Broke original trackbar bolt the first go around, so picked up a nice grade 12.9 replacement. Side bonus, nut on the backside is easily accessed now.


- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome