(Un named so far) 98 Cherokee build. - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > (Un named so far) 98 Cherokee build.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #451
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I paid 12 dollars for my soft 8 at crazy rays. What vehicles have 5 by 5.5? I'll grab one for you jet time I go.

Sent from the icon of sin.

Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #452
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Those tires are 35 12.5 15 right???

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #453
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Fords - Bronco, F-150.... I'd have to look up what other vehicles do and get back to you. Text me at 301-755-3956 if that is easier than me cluttering up your thread with BS
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #454
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
Fords - Bronco, F-150.... I'd have to look up what other vehicles do and get back to you. Text me at 301-755-3956 if that is easier than me cluttering up your thread with BS
You are brave to post your phone number online hahaha.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #455
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Eh. . . **** it. . . I'm in the phone book too
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #456
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So I will be expecting brown Santa soon. I ordered serious Offroad 1 ton steering, Rubicon express 5" shackles, HD Offroad shackle relocation brackets, spicer u joints and ball joints.

and I'm getting 35s. ****s about to get real.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #457
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Were you serious about wanting the 35's I got?
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #458
ramthis426
2005 WK 

I've got some must and rims lol and just scraped 5 f150 rims that looked like soft 8s had not clue
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #459
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Were you serious about wanting the 35's I got?
Yeah. Can you post some pics of each tire that you have? I don't care about the mud rovers (or whichever pair has the bald one)

and they are for a 15 inch rim right???
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #460
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I can try to remember to get those to you tomorrow. I was torn on what to do. I worked out a deal with a guy in Baltimore on 2 MTZ's with decent tread for $100 total. I was going to pick those up and either run the general grabbers or pick up 2 new MTZ's. Now that you want to buy all these I'm REALLY trying to fight the urge to buy all new tires. 35" MTZ's would be $1k. Well, if I'm already spending $1k that I can't afford on tires then what's another $500, right? For around $1500 I could be rolling on 37" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The smart thing would be to run the general grabbers and used MTZ's. Problem is. . . . I'm not feeling too smart right now.
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #461
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

And yes. . . All the 35's I picked up are 35x12.5-15's
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #462
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah, I can try to remember to get those to you tomorrow. I was torn on what to do. I worked out a deal with a guy in Baltimore on 2 MTZ's with decent tread for $100 total. I was going to pick those up and either run the general grabbers or pick up 2 new MTZ's. Now that you want to buy all these I'm REALLY trying to fight the urge to buy all new tires. 35" MTZ's would be $1k. Well, if I'm already spending $1k that I can't afford on tires then what's another $500, right? For around $1500 I could be rolling on 37" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The smart thing would be to run the general grabbers and used MTZ's. Problem is. . . . I'm not feeling too smart right now.
good sell me your tires

37s would compliment your 4.88s really well haha

and look at me, I spent my money on tires I sorta wanted and now I'm getting new ones. buy what you really want or you'll end up paying more anyways. like me.
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #463
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Eh, I think I decided what I'm doing. I'll let you know Friday if the grabbers are for sale or not. Too much work for 37's right now. I want to get on the trails soon and going to 37's I will want to comp cut, stretch the wheel base and do a lot more cutting. I'll go cheap 35's for now and then when I'm ready for the next set of upgrades I'll save up and put 37's under it. Maybe I'll be able to afford to have it be a trailer queen by then too. . . Doubt it, but maybe. So, instead of big expensive tires right no I might pick up a cage from EOR and sliding ragtop instead.
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #464
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Alright so... I got my shackle relocation brackets into the XJ. ride is so much better and quieter now, and it took care of my ghetto sag. Shackle angle is just about perfect and my flex is improved as well.

Here is the brackets pre-instal. I went with the HD offroad because of the 1/4" steel and they allowed me to leave my hitch on.

Heres a pic of the new rear view. I like that you can see the shackles. gives it a more offroady feel.

Shackle angle.

Flex. I could have gone further but the blocks fell over.... that and... tree.

Here is the shackle angle at that amount of flex:

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #465
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm waiting on 1 ton steering from serious offroad, and I'll (hopefully) be getting my track bar sorted out tomorrow. Turns out the Clayton offroad HD track bar bushing is just a Ram 2500 bushing. That **** took a few days of research and looking through every track bar bushing napa sells. Gonna pick one up and get it and head to the hardware store to get some grade 8 **** and HOPEFULLY have my front end sorted out by the end of next week. Then All I gotta get is my two bumpers and skid plates and I'll be done!
Built Not Bought #666

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.