(Un named so far) 98 Cherokee build. - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > (Un named so far) 98 Cherokee build.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #421
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

IRO for the shackles, but do they have relocation brackets too. Which brand of those are you going to go with?

Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #422
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
IRO for the shackles, but do they have relocation brackets too. Which brand of those are you going to go with?
yeah. the relocaters look like they are the same exact thing as RCs so I'll just get it all from the same place. Might pick up their OTK steering as well.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #423
ramthis426
2005 WK 

I already told u when you can take it down

Sent from my jeep while driving trying not to wreck reading these stupid Questions you ask
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #424
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426 View Post
I already told u when you can take it down

Sent from my jeep while driving trying not to wreck reading these stupid Questions you ask
Wait... when? I need metal is the thing.

Sent from the icon of sin.
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #425
ramthis426
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post

Wait... when? I need metal is the thing.

Any day before 12 other then weekends he has metal he always gave me good prices your just need to pay him

Unread 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #426
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426 View Post

Any day before 12 other then weekends he has metal he always gave me good prices your just need to pay him

I'm not sure I still need it welded the same way but I may get him to fabricate something for me. I may come over early Wednesday morning to go over what I want done. I'll let you know by Tuesday afternoon.

One of my dads buddies came over and looks at me in Tue shed and comes over and just gets down on the floor and starts wrenching. It was awesome. We got the bumper back on and now all I need to do is hit up the dealership to get some parts ordered and the carrier will be ready to go.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #427
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Gonna take it up to get my front end rebuilt. New ball joints and universal joints, 1 ton steering (ruff stuff probably) and axle end track bar bushing. Gonna gett my Doors hinges rebuilt as well and try and get my rear tire carrier fixed too

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #428
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ok so... nevermind. I don't have enough money to get it rebuilt. I'm doing that job myself. Does 1100 dollars sound like... way to god damn much for 2 u joints 4 ball joints and 1 tre???

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #429
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Are you referring to letting someone else work on your jeep?
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #430
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, all that money is just for labor. Sounds about right to me. Just do the **** yourself. Can't be that hard, right? U-joints aren't hard. I haven't done ball joints yet, but I'm sure I could stumble my way through replacing those as well.

Unread 04-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #431
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah, all that money is just for labor. Sounds about right to me. Just do the **** yourself. Can't be that hard, right? U-joints aren't hard. I haven't done ball joints yet, but I'm sure I could stumble my way through replacing those as well.
Yeah I'm just gonna do it. I'll buy the ball joint puller as well. It'll be nice to have it in my tool arsenal. I'm sure I'll use it again some day. I'm gonna get MOOG everything from rock-auto. It's all gonna run me less than 200 that'll save me money for one ton steering.
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #432
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Not too shabby at all. I think you can borrow the ball joint puller from Auto Zone if you don't feel like buying it, but I'm not positive. Harbor Freight has a cheap one. That's probably the route I'll go when I cross that road.

I'm out in the garage doing the rear 1/4 panel cut and fold, so I can install my rear bumper this weekend.

Unread 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #433
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Not too shabby at all. I think you can borrow the ball joint puller from Auto Zone if you don't feel like buying it, but I'm not positive. Harbor Freight has a cheap one. That's probably the route I'll go when I cross that road.

I'm out in the garage doing the rear 1/4 panel cut and fold, so I can install my rear bumper this weekend.
I'm gonna take it to the guy who did they gearing but I'll just use his shop.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #434
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post

I'm gonna take it to the guy who did they gearing but I'll just use his shop.

He has everything I need. I'll have to ask him about the reamer for the 1 ton steering though. That thing In like 100 bucks it would be really nice to not have to buy that.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #435
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I saw the reamer for $70 and had one, but just sent it back to the guy that I bought the steering off of, so he could use it. He'll send it back to me anytime I need it though.

It's always nice to have friends with shops that are cool with you using their lifts and tools. I prefer to do as much as possible in my own garage just because it is conveinent. My buddy at work had his own garage for 7-8 years before getting a job at Intelsat where I work. He has a huge garage, every tool you can think of, and a lift. If I ever have to do anything major I'm taking it there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.