(Un named so far) 98 Cherokee build. - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > (Un named so far) 98 Cherokee build.

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #241
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post

I just imagined the crowd of xterra's you were describing and chuckled. Its hard to take any other 4x4 serious once you have owned a Jeep.
I think there are other rigs that's are capable with the right stuff. Mostly older pickups and fullsize SUV. My truck went up a trail behind my house better than my jeep did stock. The truck wouldn't compare now though.

Xterras are nice to look at if you ask me. I wouldn't rather have an fj cruiser if I wanted a modern 4x4 though. There is a guy around here who has a nicely set up one and seems to use it well.

Sent from somewhere in Nevada

Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #242
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
Oh and how they like to talk **** about all Jeeps and their owners. It reminds me of short man's syndrome. They are so insecure about their rigs that they have to lash out at the obviously superior ones.
I laugh at their ignorance while I out wheel them in a rig that cost a fraction of their xterra's.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #243
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
I think there are other rigs that's are capable with the right stuff. Mostly older pickups and fullsize SUV. My truck went up a trail behind my house better than my jeep did stock. The truck wouldn't compare now though.

Xterras are nice to look at if you ask me. I wouldn't rather have an fj cruiser if I wanted a modern 4x4 though. There is a guy around here who has a nicely set up one and seems to use it well.

No doubt there are other 4x4's out there that have their benefits but Im a bit biased with Jeeps. Have been ever seen last week when I wheeled with an alpha h3 that couldnt keep up. Mostly driver error but still. Cherokee power.
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #244
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Oh and how they like to talk **** about all Jeeps and their owners. It reminds me of short man's syndrome. They are so insecure about their rigs that they have to lash out at the obviously superior ones.
I am short but not insecure and I don't lash out at anyone. I walk away from conflict so I don't have to get my *** beat by huge people. Also I hate fighting. It solves nothing.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #245
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

No doubt there are other 4x4's out there that have their benefits but Im a bit biased with Jeeps. Have been ever seen last week when I wheeled with an alpha h3 that couldnt keep up. Mostly driver error but still. Cherokee power.
Ha. Hummers are jokes. I outwheeled an h3 in my Subaru outback. Albeit I was only with one cause that happened to be the only person who could pull me out of a ditch at 4 am... but I still beat him getting back out of the area.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #246
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
Ha. Hummers are jokes. I outwheeled an h3 in my Subaru outback. Albeit I was only with one cause that happened to be the only person who could pull me out of a ditch at 4 am... but I still beat him getting back out of the area.

Haha. This one even had front and rear lockers. The driver couldnt even figure out what button on the dash to press to engage them. Either way we talked him into selling it to buy a Jeep. I told him you could sell that h3 and buy 30 cherokees.
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #247
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, I joke and bust balls, but I am by no means a Jeep snob. I dig ALL flavors of rigs. I like xterra's and FJ's. Xterra's are expensive to modify though. . . Not to mention the inital cost of the vehicle. I just don't get dumping that much money into something you're wheeling. At the same time you wouldn't find me buying a new JK and wheeling it either. That's the reason my buddy with the Xterra and bis buddy's don't do anything fun and exciting when "wheeling" . . . They are terrified to get a scratch on their pretty DD's, because they're still making huge payments, which I completely understand.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #248
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Oh, I joke and bust balls, but I am by no means a Jeep snob. I dig ALL flavors of rigs. I like xterra's and FJ's. Xterra's are expensive to modify though. . . Not to mention the inital cost of the vehicle. I just don't get dumping that much money into something you're wheeling. At the same time you wouldn't find me buying a new JK and wheeling it either. That's the reason my buddy with the Xterra and bis buddy's don't do anything fun and exciting when "wheeling" . . . They are terrified to get a scratch on their pretty DD's, because they're still making huge payments, which I completely understand.
This kinda reminds me of this guy I know with his wk........ hahaha just messing.

For me, if it has wheels, I can ride or drive it, and it is not just a boring blob of a car, then it interests me. I love 4x4 most though.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #249
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I respect anyone who brings their vehicle offroad and at least attempts to see what they can do. At the beginning of the day wheelin with the hummer, the owner had never wheeled it and asked to ride along with me. I told him you have to at least try some trails. He complained and whined for a good hour or two, but after that we couldnt keep him from the mud. I like the look of the fj's, I was asked to install a lift kit on one. I welcome anyone to wheel with me, just dont be hating on the jeeps and afraid to drive your own 4x4.
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #250
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I respect anyone who brings their vehicle offroad and at least attempts to see what they can do. At the beginning of the day wheelin with the hummer, the owner had never wheeled it and asked to ride along with me. I told him you have to at least try some trails. He complained and whined for a good hour or two, but after that we couldnt keep him from the mud. I like the look of the fj's, I was asked to install a lift kit on one. I welcome anyone to wheel with me, just dont be hating on the jeeps and afraid to drive your own 4x4.
What about mudding in one cadillac and rock crawling in another? I also drove it off a cliff but we can't count that as wheeling can we?
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #251
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like wheelin to me
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #252
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sounds like wheelin to me
Well... the missing went a lot better than expected. I had to get that Christmas trash to the burn pit somehow! And the other ride... well it sure was bumpy.

Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #253
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Damn autocorrect. I meant mudding. And christmas tree.
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #254
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh hey if anyone cares... this is what I'll be buying.

forumrunner_20130304_225026.jpg  
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #255
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I care dammit! Looks good
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.