Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin turbo, dual intake 4.0L with sidewinder exhaust

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  chris87xj 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, there's a jeep running around town out here that's been super modded. The intake is split into two separate ones, so has the exhaust(similar to 2000 models). Guy reports he's pushing close to 500 hp.

So now you've read this bull**** post I've put up to show a point. People don't actually come on this site to help one another most just come here to roast or laugh behind somebody's back.

So many information leeches. So many posts that are repetitive, and yet people get flamed for posting multiple times when they don't get help. If I can do a search and find 3000+ threads on cleaning battery leads there's a problem. Isn't this why the TECH/FAQ section exists.

Seems the site admins have dropped the ball on their own rule book with aspect to repeat posts.

Maybe people should try obeying the rules to eliminate all the STUPID questions that have been over-answered on this forum.

#4 ·
Hey everyone, there's a jeep running around town out here that's been super modded. The intake is split into two separate ones, so has the exhaust(similar to 2000 models). Guy reports he's pushing close to 500 hp.

So now you've read this bull**** post I've put up to show a point. People don't actually come on this site to help one another most just come here to roast or laugh behind somebody's back.

So many information leeches. So many posts that are repetitive, and yet people get flamed for posting multiple times when they don't get help. If I can do a search and find 3000+ threads on cleaning battery leads there's a problem. Isn't this why the TECH/FAQ section exists.

Seems the site admins have dropped the ball on their own rule book with aspect to repeat posts.

Maybe people should try obeying the rules to eliminate all the STUPID questions that have been over-answered on this forum.
1) I kinda see your point but I have a solution. Just don't answer the questions you don't want to answer. 2) Are you REALLY concerned about someone "laughing behind your back" on the internet ? If so you have much bigger issues than the "stupid questions" your are complaining about. 3) I'm not "without sin" when it comes to seeing the "What tires will fit ?" posts, but I do TRY to remember that we were all once newbies.

#5 ·
4) HEY !!! This isn't tech related....:mad: I don't always flame newbies while on Jeepforum but when I do, It's usually because I've been drinking heavily.... Stay intoxicated my friends. :cheers2:

#7 ·
Sounds like somebody would be more comfortable with a warm blankie, a hot cup of cocoa and a night night kiss on the forehead from mommy...

FYI, i'm laughing at you. Not sure if it's behind your back or not because I don't know what direction your facing. Such is the internet.

#8 ·
Reported for trolling and a non-tech post in the tech section.

Repeat questions are a fact of life. Any such vehicle technical forum where each question may only be asked once is going to be a ****ing awful place to be. In fact that's no more than a reference library: No sense of community, no new posts, no ad revenue, no discussion, no paid members. So please go away; I'd rather read stuff about how to fix XJs than Internet butthurt.

#11 ·
I love when people complain about repeat threads on Jeepforum.

Are there more repeat threads, or threads complaining about repeat threads?

If you want to ***** and whine, go back to Facebook. If you want to help people answer their questions, stick with Jeepforum.

Frankly, the search feature on this site blows, so I can understand why people have a hard time using it. Sure, they could easily use google, but if a repeat question bothers you, nobody said you had to answer it.

If this is a serious post and not a joke, you have your priorities in life a little confused. It takes much more time to whine and ***** about a repeat question than to just help someone or ignore their question. Nobody said you have to answer every single question posted. Cherokees really aren't that complicated, so I doubt this section would be very active without some repeats.

To all of you who want to post another thread like this in the future:

Grow some balls and quit whining like a 2 year old. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
jeepkid03 said:
Are there more repeat threads, or threads complaining about repeat threads?
It's some kind of Internet paradox: Complaining about repeat threads is a repeat thread! Should post about repeat threads complaining about repeat threads. (Head explodes)

jeepkid03 said:
Frankly, the search feature on this site blows, so I can understand why people have a hard time using it. Sure, they could easily use google
It's a VBulletin problem: the searching is a simple partial match on all phrases, with no concept of language or context (relevance). The result is pages of threads that somewhere have the word "shocks" or "replace" in a post.

The problem with Google is you get just as irrelavent results without restricting to a good resource. Try looking on Google for how to change a Cherokee fan belt: like 70% of the results are for Grand Cherokees, some of which don't even say it but the pics are a WJ or somethig, or you get **** like Yahoo Answers (how is babby formed) or an eHow page that was written by someone who's never seen a Jeep before.

"Site:jeepforum.com" goes a long way but nobody knows about it, and some people don't even realize searching is an option.

#13 ·
It's a VBulletin problem: the searching is a simple partial match on all phrases, with no concept of language or context (relevance). The result is pages of threads that somewhere have the word "shocks" or "replace" in a post.
The one good thing about using the built-in search is that it ignores signatures. People like to put in their sig every part they've installed as if there isn't already a section of the site specifically for that. Google searches will give results without ignoring those signatures. Sometimes it's a real pain.

"Site:jeepforum.com" goes a long way but nobody knows about it, and some people don't even realize searching is an option.
Or you can use this:
http://mycroftproject.com/search-engines.html?name=JeepForum.com
Works for Firefox. Might work for Chrome.

#15 ·

^ has had a bad week and needs to lighten up.
my granny says you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.