turning signal question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > turning signal question

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 02-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
jeepjunkie97

turning signal question

from what my understand is that in PA the front turn signal has to be amber, clear, or a shade in between. for the rear it must be red or amber. so for the front side lens and under headlight light i could spray the casing black or what ever color i want. get an amber bulb with clear lens? correct me if I'm wrong

jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

What do you mean by the casing? In general as long as whatever is visually blinking is clear or amber you should be good. If you're referring to the plastic bezel surrounding the light it doesn't matter what color it is.
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
jeepjunkie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
What do you mean by the casing? In general as long as whatever is visually blinking is clear or amber you should be good. If you're referring to the plastic bezel surrounding the light it doesn't matter what color it is.
Yeah that's what I was thinking of, bezel. I'm just curious because some people have theirs to where the whole unit itself looks black. So I assumed spray paint and a new lens is what it was?
jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97 View Post
Yeah that's what I was thinking of, bezel. I'm just curious because some people have theirs to where the whole unit itself looks black. So I assumed spray paint and a new lens is what it was?
The lens and bezel are two different pieces. You can paint the bezel however you want and still be fine legally. It's when you get into tinting the lens you run into issues.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.