Tuff country EZ ride lift. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Tuff country EZ ride lift.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Are you trying to improve the ride? Because if you are buying generic white shocks that are probably made in Mexico to replace your white shocks that were made in the USA (my EZ Ride shocks in the rear are made in US, the fronts are Mexico I think) is not a good investment if you are looking for a better ride. I would look into a quality shock like Bilsteins or OME before you throw your money away.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #17
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235
Are you trying to improve the ride? Because if you are buying generic white shocks that are probably made in Mexico to replace your white shocks that were made in the USA (my EZ Ride shocks in the rear are made in US, the fronts are Mexico I think) is not a good investment if you are looking for a better ride. I would look into a quality shock like Bilsteins or OME before you throw your money away.
I want something that would be good for offload too. I didn know rancho was actually cheap. Lol, I really don't want to break my bank in shocks though.
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

I understand, look into something like the Rough Country Performance 2.2 Series for a good middle ground in shocks, good on and off road. The new 2.2s have an enormous piston and are a lot bigger and stronger than they look in the pictures. Plus RC has a good warranty of their stuff, at least on their joints and bushings, I'm not sure what the warranty on their shocks is, but it is a good place to start researching the better quality stuff that is out there. If you still end up buying the RS5000s or any other white shock that comes with company stickers just know that you probably will not be able to tell any difference at all.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe

I want something that would be good for offload too. I didn know rancho was actually cheap. Lol, I really don't want to break my bank in shocks though.
When it comes to suspension you get what you pay for. I will only run bilstein shocks on my jeeps. I like the lifetime warranty and that I can send them back to bilstein to have them revalved if I want. And the fact that the 5100 series is specifically valved for your particular application

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #20
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ

When it comes to suspension you get what you pay for. I will only run bilstein shocks on my jeeps. I like the lifetime warranty and that I can send them back to bilstein to have them revalved if I want. And the fact that the 5100 series is specifically valved for your particular application

At 115 a shock blistering turned me off lol, I do some offloading but not enough to need something that great, well for now anyway.
Unread 09-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #21
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe

At 115 a shock blistering turned me off lol, I do some offloading but not enough to need something that great, well for now anyway.
115 a shock. You need to find a new place to buy them. I paid 320 total for All 4 of mine

Go here : http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...XJ/5100-Series

Unread 09-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #22
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I will problby go with these. Thanks again

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.