So the tracked xj is doing well link
but I want to improve its ability to run remote from the main fish house.
Basically I need a better way to haul the portable fish house on the back; my idea is a tommy lift type solution. Anyone ever seem anything like that on an xj?
- carry about 350lbs of load off the rear bumper on a platform
- platform 72"x50" (this is where the portable goes)
- platform needs to be able to drop 24" with powered raise
- need to be able to open the rear hatch (definitely when lowered / when raised would be a huge plus)
- needs to very quickly and easily go from up (transport mode) to down (fish mode)
- desire is to be able to have it on when attached to the main fish house; but this may be a challenge due to clearance issues (between rear of xj to front of trailer)
Here is a pic of what I mocked up and used last year; my desire is to have this without the support straps and fully automated so I don't have to lift the portable on and off the platform.
My current thinking is to have air over hydraulic rams attached to the sides of the rear bumper. Use those rams to raise the platform via a pair of masts with the rams on the inside (think a pair of mini forklift masts at the outer edges of the rear bumper). The end gate would then go inside between the rams and the platform would be attached to the lift side of the masts.
I'd use onboard air to run the rams.
Any thoughts / ideas?