Towing Info Needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Towing Info Needed

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
morreale21

Towing Info Needed

Hello. I am looking into getting an enclosed cargo trailer for my move across country. No bigger than 6x10 and prob no smaller than 4x8. I own a 98 Jeep Cherokee 2DR Sport 4wd. Is my vehicle equipped to handle something as big as the 6x10? Assuming it will be filled ( standard moving things)

morreale21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Depends entirely on the weight and tongue weight. XJs are rated for up to 5000lbs, but they're quite over rated, especially if you're not used to towing imo. I'd stick to around 3000 lbs and under. Even then you're still going to need a tranny cooler to be going across the country. If you're moving you're better off renting a uhaul and one of their tow dolleys for the XJ.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.