Topless xj :( - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Topless xj :(

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
patalrob

The G/F has a YJ so I get the topless feeling "not from her" well mybe

But I can't wait to take the doors off the XJ!

patalrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #17
waggon
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
you need to check out husslers removable top build.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...build-1179593/
I saw it looks more like a big version of a sun roof but it looked really good, i just dont have the balls to start cutting lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee-at-16 View Post
Do the door less mod...duh!
Ah i want to but i live at an apartment complex kinda in the ghetto and im afraid something will happen
[QUOTE=little_Jeep] Food, clothes, and a roof over your head, really aren't that important when you own a Jeep :) Not that you will be able to afford any of these things anyway. :) The choice is simple, waste your $$ on these worthless items, or drive a Jeep.[/QUOTE]
waggon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #18
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Anyone got a link to the best/nicest doorless mod? I wana do it but my biggest concern is that ihave a 4 door. Doing 2 doors would probably look silly. All 4 may still look silly lol.
PlatinumNiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #19
waggon
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNiner View Post
Anyone got a link to the best/nicest doorless mod? I wana do it but my biggest concern is that ihave a 4 door. Doing 2 doors would probably look silly. All 4 may still look silly lol.
i think two door looks better than four but thats just my opinion. I also think tube doors are awesome!
http://www.myxj.net/tech/doorless/
[QUOTE=little_Jeep] Food, clothes, and a roof over your head, really aren't that important when you own a Jeep :) Not that you will be able to afford any of these things anyway. :) The choice is simple, waste your $$ on these worthless items, or drive a Jeep.[/QUOTE]
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #20
biggn235
DAS Man

2014 JK Wrangler 

I had a Wrangler but got sick of the soft top, especially during winter. I really love my enclosed XJ. However, my friend's XJ is both topless and doorless haha.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK 94XJ
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #21
lowicz96
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I would like to have a wrangle for the openness and maneuverability but dont want to fall into the stigmata of wrangler drivers that baby their jeeps off road, I know many and see many at local ORV parks. I love my XJ for how cheap it was and how cheap/easy it is to fix, which in turns lets me beating the living crap out of it. This ability has lead me to convert many friends into buying jeeps cause they want to have as much fun as I do, until they realize having that much fun results in many hours of working on and fixing jeeps.

Plus i can load everything i own into the back, including tools (well majority of my stuff is tools ), and move across country. I basically live out of my XJ for college b/c I'm always moving for my co-op.

88' Cherokee Limited - RIP

Sold - 96' Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2 Door, AW4, NP242, Its the girlfriends now!!
lowicz96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #22
Jeepy84
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just beware, if you cut your roof off your XJ'll fold like a taco.
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
AoA
1997 XJ Cherokee 

at most i'd cut off wud be the cargo area after the rear seats, then make a custom rear window and tailgate
like;
93' ZJ 4"of lift, 31's - Totaled
AoA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #24
biggn235
DAS Man

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
Just beware, if you cut your roof off your XJ'll fold like a taco.
Not if you have a full cage. The orange and black XJ pictured above is stiffer than my stock XJ.

Unread 05-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #25
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

im glad i have a cherokee. i love having the hard top. if i want to take the top off ill buy a wrangler later on...im a fan of the mopar XJ

Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
bldeagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #26
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235 View Post
I had a Wrangler but got sick of the soft top, especially during winter. I really love my enclosed XJ. However, my friend's XJ is both topless and doorless haha.

thats alot of work to be running 31s haha, im sure they are only temporary though.....right?

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
biggn235
DAS Man

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
thats alot of work to be running 31s haha, im sure they are only temporary though.....right?
Haha yes definitely just using them for rollers. He just wanted to see it off the jackstands again. You can follow his build thread here-

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/9...r-luna-958396/

He has a lot of plans and a lot left to do.

Unread 05-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #28
waggon
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
im glad i have a cherokee. i love having the hard top. if i want to take the top off ill buy a wrangler later on...im a fan of the mopar XJ

holly mother of jeeps, that looks beautiful.
--

dont get me wrong i love the xj just sometimes i get the urge to have the wind blowing in my hair haha. ill never get rid of my xj tho, it was my first car and it will be one of my last for sure.
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #29
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggon View Post
I saw it looks more like a big version of a sun roof but it looked really good, i just dont have the balls to start cutting lol

Ah i want to but i live at an apartment complex kinda in the ghetto and im afraid something will happen
After hearing it called "a sunroof" for the hundredth time I went and climbed on the roof just now to take a straight down pic. It goes from the windshield header to about 5 inches behind the back rest of the rear seat.

Both pieces fit right behind the rear seat so unlike a wrangler, the whole top comes with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #30
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggon View Post
holly mother of jeeps, that looks beautiful.
--

dont get me wrong i love the xj just sometimes i get the urge to have the wind blowing in my hair haha. ill never get rid of my xj tho, it was my first car and it will be one of my last for sure.
yea that xj is pretty bad *** and i wouldnt mind mine ending up similar...

my xj was my first car and to top it off its been my dads since day one in 99 so all 320500 miles were put on by me and him. so much sentiment.
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
bldeagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.