Today... I did this - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Today... I did this

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wFLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRI

Unread 04-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
98XJClassic4976

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Today... I did this

Installed new Pioneer system in place of the old broken system... ran the phone charger behind the faceplate to hide most of the wire...

20150409_115350.jpg  

Once I am done with this project... Who am I kidding? Jeeps are never done.
98XJClassic4976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I like the clean look. Looks good!

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have, if not the same, a very similar model pioneer. I recommend only one thing, if you go off roading, take any cd you have it it out. Mine is stuck....
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
00_GA_XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good! Very clean.

That reminds me...I bought a Kenwood as my stock was toast when I bought it (Cd no play, fader/balance stick was not operating)... But anyways, I hooked up the microphone out the back... and I have it coming out the trim on top...tried using the double side sticky on the dash - it just won't stick. period. So now I have a hanging microphone...I don't really want to pull the radio out again and unplug it. And I don't feel confident enough to run it all the way up one of the A-pillars, and mount it up by the headliner. Not sure how I will address this...but it looks super tacky just hanging there. It works pretty well for hands-free calling tho.
00_GA_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #5
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Fyi- flashdrive models work flawlessly offroad.
As far as the mic, make a hole in your dash fascia by drilling small holes to mark the corners of a square hole, connect the holes with a sharp box knife, then press the mic in from the back.
Unread 04-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
00_GA_XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Fyi- flashdrive models work flawlessly offroad.
As far as the mic, make a hole in your dash fascia by drilling small holes to mark the corners of a square hole, connect the holes with a sharp box knife, then press the mic in from the back.
EXCELLENT idea! Thanks! Now I have an easy project to work on!
00_GA_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:50 AM   #7
98XJClassic4976

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to pull the books on mine this weekend... Maybe I bought the one with the USB port in the back... If so, the install will be a bit cleaner...

Once I am done with this project... Who am I kidding? Jeeps are never done.
98XJClassic4976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 08:06 AM   #8
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98XJClassic4976 View Post
I'm going to pull the books on mine this weekend... Maybe I bought the one with the USB port in the back... If so, the install will be a bit cleaner...
With that being your plan, here's what I did.
First of all, the ashtray in my XJ has never been used. So I bought 1 of those spool retractable usb cords and ran it behind the dash to the ashtray. It's served as a perfect junk drawer for my remote, the plug-in, and my other flash drives. It never gets opened so nobody even knows it's there.
Some advice for a stereo with usb ( in case you end up needing to buy one or if anybody else is interested), try to get a higher end model that displays more than one song at a time or it takes forever to get through your library.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.