**TIE-BREAKER POLL deja vu** Who's gonna be the July COTM - final answer!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > **TIE-BREAKER POLL deja vu** Who's gonna be the July COTM - final answer!!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

View Poll Results: pick your poison!
VegasGT 20 58.82%
AKIQPilot 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

**TIE-BREAKER POLL deja vu** Who's gonna be the July COTM - final answer!!!

Here we have two XJ's that keep rising to the top together. That in itself tells me they're both winners. But only one can be the July14 COTM and it's up to you to help decide. I don't know how this is going to end up but I know there's a tale here to be told around campfires and mudpits for many weekends to come.

Here's another look at the rigs, check em out and post those votes.
This tie breaker shoot-out poll will close in 24 hours. Standard COTM rules apply.
Linkback for the history books > Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!.
Let's getter done!

chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Year: - 1999

Model: - XJ Sport

Drive Train: - 4.0/AW4, high pinion D30 with Aussie locker and open 29 spline C8.25

Suspension: - 4.5" RE coils, RC fixed lowers, Currie Johnny Joint Adj Uppers, 11/10" travel F/R shocks with rear lower mounts raised to axle level, custom front bumpstops, RE 3.5" leaf springs, 1.5" shackles, HD Offroad No Lift Shackle Relocation brackets, custom fabbed bumpstop plates and Omix Ada 4.1" frame side bumps

Wheels/Tires: - 35" Hankook RT03's on 15x8 Cragar D Windows

Other Notable Modifications: - Dirtbound Offroad Front bumper, custom wraparound rear bumper, HD Offroad frame stiffeners, removeable doors, Autopal H4/Putco harness/Hella 80/100w, SBLED's Cool White Gauge cluster upgrade, Aux Fan wired to switch, etc.

Favorite Modification: - Toss-up between locker and stiffeners. If i started the build over those would be my first mods.

Least Favorite Modification: - Ever fooling with an AAL, shoulda bought full leafs from the beginning.

Best Trail Damage: - Passenger rocker got smashed up past the bottom of the door at WBR last year.

Build Thread: - VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody"

Optional: - As with most Jeep builds things get out of hand fast. Bought this thing completely unmolested, with intent of a budget boost, TJ Moabs, and not much else. Then I started wheeling more and more, slowly fixing/upgrading things as I saw the need. Theres still so much to do but at its current state it does everything I ask of it. My wife, daughter, and I load up in it, drive an hour to the offroad park, and beat on it all day, fold the seats down and set up a sleeping platform, then wake up the next morning and do it again. After the extended weekend trips we air back up and drive it the hour back home cruising at 70 mph. Even the wife wheels it haha. Very happy with the way it all turned out.

Unread 07-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot

Year: - 2001

Model: - XJ Sport

Drive Train: - 4.0 AW4, NP231, Dana 60 High Pinion in front, Full Floating Corp 14 in rear, 4.88 gears, Spartan locker in front, Detroit locker in rear, Disc brakes all around.

Suspension: - 7.5" RE coils with adjustable coil over spacers, 1998 Yukon leaf springs with custom lift blocks. Custom 3 link in front with 40" long arms. Ballistic Fab and Trail gear joints and bushings. Ruff Stuff heims all around.

Wheels/Tires: - 18.4X16.1 American Farmer R1 AG tires. 44" tallX 19" wide. 16.1X14 steel wheels with Ballistic Fab bead locks.

Other Notable Modifications: - PSC full hydraulic steering, Blue Torch Fab high steer arms, custom inside cargo rack and roof rack.

Favorite Modification: - 1 Tons and AG tires

Least Favorite Modification: - Warn M8000 winch.

Best Trail Damage: - Not much damage but I get stuck a lot and thats part of the fun.

Build Thread: - 1FUNXJ Build Thread

Optional: - This old heap is really a blast in the mud. The big axles and tires really get it done now. Lots more info in my build thread.

Unread 07-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Voted! So wild that we are here again!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
redXJhorse
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Guam typhoon bump!!
redXJhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
DunmerBoy
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

bump!!
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
Teej
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Let me break this down in an AKIQPilot type way:

VegasGT - Brandon, I've always loved your rig. Your constant additions to it have been awesome and inspiring. You've always been helpful to me, and haven't called me a dumb *** like Jordan does. You're kind of a pic whore, but I'm okay with that. Now, we're bros on snapchat, and maybe one day we'll get to wheel together. For that reason, I can't let you win.

AKIQPilot - Man, you've got an awesome rig. That pic of you winching out of the mud that you have up in this thread is one of my favorite XJ pics ever. Your rig really has the "wow" factor that no other on this forum really has. You really be more like Brandon and pic whore your rig.

AKIQPilot gets my vote.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Let me break this down in an AKIQPilot type way:

VegasGT - Brandon, I've always loved your rig. Your constant additions to it have been awesome and inspiring. You've always been helpful to me, and haven't called me a dumb *** like Jordan does. You're kind of a pic whore, but I'm okay with that. Now, we're bros on snapchat, and maybe one day we'll get to wheel together. For that reason, I can't let you win.

AKIQPilot - Man, you've got an awesome rig. That pic of you winching out of the mud that you have up in this thread is one of my favorite XJ pics ever. Your rig really has the "wow" factor that no other on this forum really has. You really be more like Brandon and pic whore your rig.

AKIQPilot gets my vote.
Thanks for the kind words and I agree. Thats why Tom got my vote.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
Teej
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post

Thanks for the kind words and I agree. Thats why Tom got my vote.
How humble of you!

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #10
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Vote in.

Loser trades for mine?
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #11
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

only 22 hrs left bump
Unread 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #12
rubiprime

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Voted.brandon got my vote
rubiprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #13
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

You guys don't fool around over here. Impressive Stop by the yj turf. We gotta tie breaker going on too.
Unread 07-31-2014, 02:39 AM   #14
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Deja vu. Feels like we've done this before. They're both awesome rigs
Unread 07-31-2014, 05:45 AM   #15
redXJhorse
1997 XJ Cherokee 

So what happens if this one ends In a tie....... bump???

Sorry bad weather has left me with nothing to do but pester the poll
image-2290953261.jpg

redXJhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cherokee of the month , contest , cotm. xj , poll , tie breaker , vote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.