Thundercracker Build Thread - Page 61 - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #901 of 959 Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Where the hell can you buy e12 wrenches in person? Christ.


Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 959 Old 10-19-2013, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
New hoist is together, planning on pulling the old engine today if everything goes well.

Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #903 of 959 Old 10-19-2013, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Hehe, 1.2 years of XJ


Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #904 of 959 Old 10-28-2013, 04:08 PM
98GCLimited
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LHC
Posts: 513
Is the new engine in yet?
98GCLimited is offline  
post #905 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited View Post
Is the new engine in yet?
About to be, waiting on parts from my dad, he took them to his work to sandblast and hot tank them.

Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #906 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Also, how the hell do you get the flex plate off without an impact?

Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #907 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ
Also, how the hell do you get the flex plate off without an impact?
3/4 socket and a breaker bar on the balancer.

I <3 rockrash

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #908 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
3/4 socket and a breaker bar on the balancer.

I <3 rockrash
Didn't work.

Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #909 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 07:05 AM
S8NNG8
Kustom Phabrication
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 8,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Also, how the hell do you get the flex plate off without an impact?
Find a large friend

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #910 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 AM
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 6,942
Hope the install goes well. Did you get new motor mounts to pair with the new motor?

~Mike~

Build Thread WK
Other Build Thread XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM
JeepN4KC is offline  
post #911 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Hope the install goes well. Did you get new motor mounts to pair with the new motor?
Yessir I did.

Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #912 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 AM
98GCLimited
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LHC
Posts: 513
Is the problem removing the flexplate that the crank/engine just keeps turning so you cant break the bolts loose?

You could try making a wedge from a piece of 2x4 and hammering the wedge between the block and the balancer to keep it from spinning. Or take a flat piece of metal and drill two holes in it for two head bolts over one piston and put a chunk of wood or something under the metal and tighten the head bolts down. The piece of wood or whatever under the metal will keep the piston from reaching TDC so the engine cant perform complete revolutions and it will hold the crank at that point so you can break the bolts loose on the flexplate.

Pretty ghetto methods but they might work for you if your in a pinch.
98GCLimited is offline  
post #913 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited View Post
Is the problem removing the flexplate that the crank/engine just keeps turning so you cant break the bolts loose?

You could try making a wedge from a piece of 2x4 and hammering the wedge between the block and the balancer to keep it from spinning. Or take a flat piece of metal and drill two holes in it for two head bolts over one piston and put a chunk of wood or something under the metal and tighten the head bolts down. The piece of wood or whatever under the metal will keep the piston from reaching TDC so the engine cant perform complete revolutions and it will hold the crank at that point so you can break the bolts loose on the flexplate.

Pretty ghetto methods but they might work for you if your in a pinch.
Going to have to try something like this I think. Or convince my buddy to bring over his impact gun. Even with 2 breaker bars we couldn't get the thing not to pop lose before the crank decided it wanted to spin. Though we were basically exhausted by the time we got to this so maybe fresh eyes will help.

Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #914 of 959 Old 10-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

Going to have to try something like this I think. Or convince my buddy to bring over his impact gun. Even with 2 breaker bars we couldn't get the thing not to pop lose before the crank decided it wanted to spin. Though we were basically exhausted by the time we got to this so maybe fresh eyes will help.
Impact
Joshharris98xj is offline  
post #915 of 959 Old 10-30-2013, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
Impact
I know

Project ROLLplay
'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome