Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercracker Build Thread

73K views 958 replies 48 participants last post by  DNFJ 
#1 ·
So, Finally decided to make a build thread for my XJ.

Anyways, I've owned three Jeeps (two ZJs) since I was 18. The first was a 94 5.2 ZJ in absolutely perfect shape with 93k miles, garage kept, undercoated, absolutely amazing. It stayed stock, and 3 months to the day was totaled by a drunk driver and I began my search for another Jeep.

Two weeks later I was in my 96 ZJ, 114k miles, had her for about a year and a half. This one I actually modded. Until the transmission gave out and I didn't have the money to fix it, at which point it was scrapped.

When I got it:

Before it got scrapped:

Which brings me to the XJ:

I drove around in my dad's cavalier while trying to find a new Jeep:

See less See more
#365 ·
Pic heavy.

Dis assembly:

Girlfriend helping tape up the windows:

Hood sanded:

Hood primed:

Rear quarters had to be fixed:

Unfortunately the paint won't be here til Monday, which means paint won't happen til next weekend.

Still fixing as much of the body as I can. Just got done sanding the roof.

#370 ·
#372 ·
This is honestly the first time I went about fixing the body the right way (besides the doors). I knew how to do it but never had to time nor the desire to fix a rig up to great shape.

Last night I fixed the four holes in the bottom of my header panel (along with the cracks on the left side) as you can see in this pic:

Painting starts tomorrow morning. Will post pics along the way.

#374 ·
DNFJ said:
This is honestly the first time I went about fixing the body the right way (besides the doors). I knew how to do it but never had to time nor the desire to fix a rig up to great shape.

Last night I fixed the four holes in the bottom of my header panel (along with the cracks on the left side) as you can see in this pic:

I can't wait to see it. Your gonna be my guinea pig. If I like yours ill be doing this this summer. Make sure to take lots of good pictures

#375 ·
DNFJ said:

Depending on how this goes for you, I may have to do something like this at the end of the summer. It sure beats the hell out of a factory color in a rattle can.

#387 ·
:laugh: leave it to a female to come up with a name like big blue. edit: nevermind...thought she came up with that! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.