Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercracker Build Thread

73K views 958 replies 48 participants last post by  DNFJ 
#1 ·
So, Finally decided to make a build thread for my XJ.

Anyways, I've owned three Jeeps (two ZJs) since I was 18. The first was a 94 5.2 ZJ in absolutely perfect shape with 93k miles, garage kept, undercoated, absolutely amazing. It stayed stock, and 3 months to the day was totaled by a drunk driver and I began my search for another Jeep.

Two weeks later I was in my 96 ZJ, 114k miles, had her for about a year and a half. This one I actually modded. Until the transmission gave out and I didn't have the money to fix it, at which point it was scrapped.

When I got it:

Before it got scrapped:

Which brings me to the XJ:

I drove around in my dad's cavalier while trying to find a new Jeep:

See less See more
#111 ·
Your tires are pretty big for still having your fenders, you just have so much lift it makes those 33s look small. Ever thought about a spacer?

Jeeps lookin good as always by the way

#113 ·
I just put 34s on yesterday. Dana 30 can run 35s no prob if your not locked. If you are ... you still may be ok but you run the chance for problems.

Switching to a mud tire will really change your look a lot, they just look so much more beefy, and maybe go up to a 34, but 33 is nice and you still have your fenders, which is really good.

#114 ·
BS-5100 Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks 1 $349.99 $349.99
Vehicle: XJ
Lift: 6-5
IR-XHNT Hack 'n Tap Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit 1 $99.99 $99.99
Kit: yoke
tools $19.99 $19.99
IR-SHDCA Heavy Duty Control Arms 1 $129.99 $129.99
Controlarms: 10 $30.00 $30.00
Controlarmssets: none

Just ordered all that. Get paid next thursday as well, with overtime on it and the pay check following. So right now is a good time to buy the stuff it needs.

Going to start looking at tires. If I go 35s I am going to have to wait to put them on until I have all 4 (I'll most likely be buying 2 at a time).

#115 ·
BS-5100 Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks 1 $349.99 $349.99
Vehicle: XJ
Lift: 6-5
IR-XHNT Hack 'n Tap Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit 1 $99.99 $99.99
Kit: yoke
tools $19.99 $19.99
IR-SHDCA Heavy Duty Control Arms 1 $129.99 $129.99
Controlarms: 10 $30.00 $30.00
Controlarmssets: none

Just ordered all that. Get paid next thursday as well, with overtime on it and the pay check following. So right now is a good time to buy the stuff it needs.

Going to start looking at tires. If I go 35s I am going to have to wait to put them on until I have all 4 (I'll most likely be buying 2 at a time).
:D

Really nice ... Bilstein shocks are nice, I use to have a pair and I was pretty happy with them. I think the next shocks I buy will be some ballistic air or coil over. I have some of the nice rough country shocks... I should put them on maybe.

Are the control arms the upper? man this is going to be nice!

and its just my opinion ... with the tires... I would just ride out the ones you have until their dead and then get some new ones... and use that time and money to work on other things.

#116 ·
Yeah upper adjustables. May just come up with drops for the lowers, or call IRO and see if I can exchange over. My lowers are fixed and only like 2 1/2 weeks old, well within the return policy.

Decisions decisions.

Was debating on ordering my new driver side fender, but I wouldn't be able to paint it til it got warmer out and I couldn't deal with the jeep mix matched like that.

#118 ·
Here have some pics

:laugh:

I have about 250 left that I'm willing to spend until next Thursday. Suggestions would be great because I can't come up with what I want. :(

I think for tires: kumho venture mt. Love the aggressive look and they are decently priced.

#120 ·
JCR DIY bumpers are under that price.

Though I want to look into making armor for my lower doors, but that is something I might be better off buying because I have no way to make exact angle bends to get it to sit flush.

Logans Metal Products front bumper would also be a contender if they ever picked up the damn phone, they're local too so I wouldn't have to deal with their **** customer service for long.

#121 ·
I would looooove some door armor ... I didn't think they made any good door armor right now :confused:

Logans Metal Products front bumper is alwesome... that would look great on your jeep... I think that's a way better bet now than tires, since your tires are pretty good really.

#123 ·
I take that back, just called to chance it.

Jamie answered, will pick it up tonight or tomorrow. wooo.

e: this means I can sell my tow hooks, end caps, etc to make up some of the money spent.

#126 ·
Not that I know of. I only need/want armor to cover where I painted mine black/the lower part of the door skin so once it gets warm I can clean up any of the remaining rust, seal it, then put those on to reinforce/protect the job I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.