thoughts on this ebay winch bumper??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > thoughts on this ebay winch bumper???

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
BigOrangeXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thoughts on this ebay winch bumper???

So I searched already, but mostly got old threads with dead links. Any thoughts on this bumper: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
I know it is pretty extreme and doesn't exactly fit the lines of the XJ but I like how beefy it looks and offers full headlight/grille coverage. I have looked at Nates, JCR, AJ's Offroad, etc., but nothing offers the full headlight coverage that I am looking for. The only thing I like better about the JCR bumper is how the winch seems to sit "inside" the bumper vs. looking exposed like this one. Any suggestions (helpful, not just "fugly" etc.)??

RIP - '88 BigOrangeXJ (4.6L stroker, 3.5" RE lift, 32" BFG M/T and TONS more)...
You will be resurrected as a '98.
BigOrangeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Request pictures of the frame attachment points and winch mount. Oh, and its fugly.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Grimm5577
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i was looking at that bumper as well. I don't think that auction includes the light bar or brush gaurd. Which is part of why i passed on it.

From the auction:
"With the optional Light Bar / Brush Guard You can protect your winch and Jeep while mounting your lights up and out of the way, we even pre drill the bumper for running the wires though the brush guard."
Grimm5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That's the dirtbound offroad bumper. Webdog is a vendor here as well. Google dirtbound off-road. And if you have a little cash to spare IRO has a bumper with similar headlight coverage and there is always the arb

currently jeepless
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So there was a thread on this bumper last week. I personally like it
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFX

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/bul...01-p-8565.html

currently jeepless
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
BigOrangeXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

well, I'm glad i'm not the only one that likes it. i just feel like the the '97+ XJ seems to also take a lot more off-road goodies to look as badass as the older style with less life. i looked through dozens and dozens of lifted XJ pics that I have saved for future ideas and time and time again i see many pre '96 xj's with minimal lift and 33's that looks way more sick than even 6.5" with 35's on a '97+. i dunno why, just something to do with the lines and angles and little more aggressive stance IMO. anyway, I feel like this bumper offers quite a bit of protection and looks different than what you see most of the time. my buddy joked that it looked Charger'esque, lol, which I can see where he's coming from. thanks for the posted links as well.

RIP - '88 BigOrangeXJ (4.6L stroker, 3.5" RE lift, 32" BFG M/T and TONS more)...
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
BigOrangeXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm5577 View Post
i was looking at that bumper as well. I don't think that auction includes the light bar or brush gaurd. Which is part of why i passed on it.

From the auction:
"With the optional Light Bar / Brush Guard You can protect your winch and Jeep while mounting your lights up and out of the way, we even pre drill the bumper for running the wires though the brush guard."
I guess the $450 bumper is without optional bar/guard, but the $525 one i linked to is included. sick thing is almost $200 shipping

Unread 07-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Buy it direct from his website: dirtboundoffroad.com
Use coupon code: jeepforum for an additional 10% off
Shipping might calculate out differently there then on eBay. Example: eBay to my zip is $154, on his website it is $60
Unread 07-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Grimm5577
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ah i guess they just use the same blurb for both...

I will say this, I picked up a set of bumpers from ebay, that were made to order and although the price was great I'm not very happy with the product so definitely don't cheap out like i did.
Grimm5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
brizee
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you have questions about the quality or mounting of the bumper, click on his feedback raiting. Scroll through and find someone who has purchased one and check the feedback.
brizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
mylightsrsquare
1988 YJ Wrangler 

look at the shipping price
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
Buy it direct from his website: dirtboundoffroad.com
Use coupon code: jeepforum for an additional 10% off
Shipping might calculate out differently there then on eBay. Example: eBay to my zip is $154, on his website it is $60
Thanks!

Yes eBay does not calculate shipping correctly... if you order it from my site and it quotes $60 that will be the shipping price.

webdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i just received this bumper in the mail this week, by wednesday there will be a full writeup/review on JF about this bumper on a 97+ XJ, its sitting in the back of my jeep waiting to go on as we speak.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #15
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
Request pictures of the frame attachment points and winch mount. Oh, and its fugly.
I have to disagree, although i am looking forward to seeing it on my 01, vs the pre 97 in all the pics.

these are the fugly ones.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-...#ht_788wt_1167

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.