For Those of You w/ QT HD Leaf Springs... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > For Those of You w/ QT HD Leaf Springs...

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #31
praetorian
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzroth View Post
For my setup I'm running the Crown 4886186AA springs with my clayton shackles set at 1.5" lift, in the front I'm running a 2" poly spacer. From the top of the tire to the bottom of the flare is exactly the same so I guess it's level. The QT leaves ride great but frankly I wanted a bit heavier spring. They flex out great but I wouldn't call them and HD spring personally. The fact that I have a 1.5" shackle lift and 2" poly spacer and I still sit level with the leafs means they are providing approximately 1" of lift over stock. As far as shocks, I have ordered the OME 60052L and 60053L shocks (long travel sports) and they should fit perfectly with my 33" tires and BW flat flares. When shopping for shocks (especially on an vehicle that will see offroad time) you should shop based on maximum travel. For instance to make sure I could fit the OME shocks I went out and flexed and measured my collapsed lengths of my shocks with my tires touching my fender flares ( I haven't bump stopped yet), and my measurements were approximately 18" in front and approx 16" in rear. That means I can run a shock with about a 17" collapsed length in front and a 15" collapsed length in rear. With bumpstopping keeping my tire approx 1" from my flares I should be roughly 2" from collapsing my shock fully at full flex. By purchasing shocks that are as long as possible while still not fully compressing and that have the longest extended length I am maximizing my travel and in my case I am gaining a huge amount of down travel. Just remember that if you fit a longer shock that will allow more down travel you check your brake lines for length before you wheel. In my case I purchased C1500 brake for the front and a dakota brake line for the rear.
Do you have the compressed/extended lengths for your 60052L's and 60053L's. I can't find it anywhere...

Unread 03-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #32
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

anyone else have ride height and mileage updates on the QT HD leaf packs? just looking for long term results.

thanks
92 XJ 4.0 HO,AW4, NP242, 30" BFG AT, 1.75 spacer and ZJ coils, double cherokee leaf pack and 2 inch rough country shackles, 2.5 inch dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas skid, front skid, warn t-case skid, 99+ intake, bored TB

02 KJ Limited, 255 70 16s, front skid, LS/373 gears
jeeptorino68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #33
Metzroth
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
Do you have the compressed/extended lengths for your 60052L's and 60053L's. I can't find it anywhere...
Unfortunately, I don't. Call ARB direct at 425-264-1391. That number is still in my phone because they were so helpful when I was doing research. Also, just an FYI, the rear shocks will not have the poly rock/dust shield. According to ARB, there were "clearance issues". I have to call BS though because I can tell you I have several inches all of the way around my shocks in the rear so I'm not sure why they don't have it. I was assured they were the nitrocharger sports just that they didn't have that feature.
2000 XJ Classic - 33" GY Duratracs, 15x10 Cragar V5s, Crown HD springs, Clayton adjustable shackles, OME Nitrocharger Sport Long Travel Shocks, JKS Discos, extended brake lines, 2" poly spacers in front with V8 ZJ springs, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Hella E-Code headlight housings, Narva 100/130 Bulbs, Olympic Top Hat Rack, etc.
Metzroth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #34
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptorino68 View Post
anyone else have ride height and mileage updates on the QT HD leaf packs? just looking for long term results.

thanks
I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but I got 2" lift over stock height with mine. After a few months I added the original main leaf into the pack and was at 3.25" over stock height. I just went and measured and now after about 3 years or so it is at 2" over stock height. It stayed at 3.25 for long over a year, but I have overflexed them quite a few times this winter playing in the snow and in the last few months they have finally settled some. I intend to add a set of rough country shackles along with the relocation boxes from HDoffroad engineering to get it back to around 3.5" over stock height. I am also going to build some extended bumpstops to keep from over flexing them again.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #35
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

any more long term updates from folks with the quadratec HD leafs?
92 XJ 4.0 HO,AW4, NP242, 30" BFG AT, 1.75 spacer and ZJ coils, double cherokee leaf pack and 2 inch rough country shackles, 2.5 inch dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas skid, front skid, warn t-case skid, 99+ intake, bored TB

Unread 01-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #36
Jeff9
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I installed the HD leafs along with HD coils (which offer no lift over stock) and 1.5" spacers. Initially the leafs were 2.5" over stock, but they settled and things look level with the 1.5" spacers in the front. I don't expect them to settle more, but if they do I'll just add shackles.

As far as shocks, I installed Bilstein HD shocks (yellow and blue ones). Overall I like the ride quality better than before. It's firm, but feels "tight" - and I mean that in a good way.
Jeff9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #37
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

quadratec hd springs = crown hd springs, which i have. i have a little rake with 2" BB and stock coils (195k on them)

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #38
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver View Post
quadratec hd springs = crown hd springs, which i have. i have a little rake with 2" BB and stock coils (195k on them)
is your 2" BB just in the front like Jeff9 describes?

Unread 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #39
CKjeep84
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i put a set on about a month ago, rides good, little rough but nothing i didn't exspect, lifted the rear about 1.5 to 2 inches(about .5 over stock). my old leafs were shot. going to get a set of adjustable shackles and 2 inch spacers for the front.
Unread 01-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #40
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptorino68 View Post
is your 2" BB just in the front like Jeff9 describes?
Spacer in the front, shackle in the back.

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #41
asanelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver View Post
Spacer in the front, shackle in the back.
what size shackle
asanelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.