For those interesfed in tracks for your rig! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > For those interesfed in tracks for your rig!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Trainhop91
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Found this while cruising around on the internet. Thought some of you would get a kick out of it.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Trainhop91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
workwagon

That's awesome!
workwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Track N Go costs $25,000 according to their site. That's more expensive than traditional track systems like Mattrack. It's a neat design, but that price...I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a person who can afford such a thing.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
Trainhop91
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772
Track N Go costs $25,000 according to their site. That's more expensive than traditional track systems like Mattrack. It's a neat design, but that price...I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a person who can afford such a thing.
Haha wow I didn't even check on the price! Does seen a bit steep for them. Still a cool idea though ha.
Trainhop91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
My work has a set of them. They were planning on a set for all 20 of us field guys. When it costs 3-8 grand to have an access cleared for us, and we need that access plowed every couple weeks, and there are 20+ sites, the cost of the tracks are cheap.
The problem is they are huge, and heavy. It was a huge struggle for me to get them out of my truck and on, and even more to get them back into my truck. I'm only 5'11" and 150lbs, but still. Plus they take up every bit of room in the bed so getting material in was tough.
If we get permission to put a building at the lease entrances then next year we might just leave a set at all the sites.

Although I am still trying to get my boss to just put track on my jeep and let me pull it around on a trailer.
Unread 12-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
My work has a set of them. They were planning on a set for all 20 of us field guys. When it costs 3-8 grand to have an access cleared for us, and we need that access plowed every couple weeks, and there are 20+ sites, the cost of the tracks are cheap.
The problem is they are huge, and heavy. It was a huge struggle for me to get them out of my truck and on, and even more to get them back into my truck. I'm only 5'11" and 150lbs, but still. Plus they take up every bit of room in the bed so getting material in was tough.
If we get permission to put a building at the lease entrances then next year we might just leave a set at all the sites.

Although I am still trying to get my boss to just put track on my jeep and let me pull it around on a trailer.
Yeah, I can see them being great for fleet use in business/industrial applications. Personal use? I can't fathom.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.