Thinking of selling the XJ, opinions wanted - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Thinking of selling the XJ, opinions wanted

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 06-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #31
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Sell the xj, buy a tj, and in a couple of years buy another xj as a 3rd vehicle/beater wheeler. Thats what i would do. Just promise youll stick around in xj tech okay?

ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #32
dudeinajp
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
You should have tried to find a buyer looking for a built truck... Could have saved someone a lot of effort and money and you'd know it was going to get good use. How much do you think someone is going to pay for a beat up old stock XJ that has gone through the rigors of wheeling but has no upgrades to show for it? What you did was switch your buyer base from enthusiasts, to regular people who have no idea what an XJ even is and aren't going to value it over a Chevy Blazer or something. Either one will do fine for a kid's driving to school car, but the Blazer costs $1000 and Chevy's are more reliable than Jeeps according to Consumer Reports!

Edit: I like your goal for the Wrangler a lot! Huge tires and little lift makes sense because you can cut them up so easily. They're almost like open wheel race cars
I decide it'll stay built mostly the way I have it now. No smaller than 31s will go back on it, rock rails, gas tank skid, hitch/stock bumper will replace Nates, discos, shocks, Teraflex rear upper BPE, lift, tranny cooler, tranny temp. gauge, EBC brakes, CB, CB antenna, front tow hooks, after-market stereo, Python keyless entry/alarm, Autopal H4s w/ upgraded harness, OEM t-case skid, Rustys HD 1" drop crossmember, V8 ZJ Tie Rod upgrade will all stay.
dudeinajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #33
dudeinajp
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
Sell the xj, buy a tj, and in a couple of years buy another xj as a 3rd vehicle/beater wheeler. Thats what i would do. Just promise youll stick around in xj tech okay?
I'll probably get another XJ before then. They have gov't auctions over in Frankfort from time to time and I might score a cheap one there. Plus there is local public auto auction that happens weekly and they have tons of vehicles roll through there. I should find one fairly cheap that way. I plan on sticking around and help where I can.
Unread 06-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #34
That1guy
2007 WK 

When you get a TJ look into the AEV highline fender kit. I think you can fit 35's on a 3 inch lift.
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #35
dudeinajp
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy View Post
When you get a TJ look into the AEV highline fender kit. I think you can fit 35's on a 3 inch lift.
I like the AEV Highline Kit, but it's kinda pricey, $1949. Plus I don't really like the style of the hood. My initial plans include TNT Phantom Tube Fenders, trim out the rear flares, armor, and throw my 31" BFGs on there. Somewhere in there will be a locker or two, probably Aussie out back and ARB up front. Later on I'll throw on a 1" BL to run 33s or jump to 35s and MAYBE do a 1"-2" suspension lift, trim the rear portion of the rear fender, upper/lower adj. control arms to extend the wheel base 1", flip the rear track bar, gears, and axle upgrades. Ya know, your basics.
Unread 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #36
dudeinajp
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisd11 View Post
Can I buy the nates bumper?
I tried to PM you but it's full. Please clear out your PMs. I have a total price with shipping for you.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.