Thinking of restoreing my 2000 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Thinking of restoreing my 2000

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 07-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
dlancer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Thinking of restoreing my 2000

I have a 2000 XJ that currently has 150,000 miles on it. I'm thinking of doing a minor restoration on it. It's in pretty good shape as is but I plan on keeping it a long time. The only things it really needs right now is an A/C compressor and a valve cover gasket. If I decide to restore it I'm thinking of putting a new head on it, new radiator, maybe a new oil pump. fix the A/C, new paint original color, new carpet, fix the cracked vinyl on the drivers seat. I'm also thinking of having the frontend gone thru with new shocks and struts, new mud tires original size. I want to keep it as close to original specs as possible. Is there anything else other XJ owners can think of that I should consider replacing as I go thru the process. Also any upgrades I should consider.

dlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
TABonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck with the restoration of your Jeep, I plan on doing the same thing with my 1995 Model XJ. My seats are ripped and crap like that so I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open at the Pick & Pull Yards because they don't sell factory bucket and bench seats online. In my opinion, you should get a set of brand new factory rims put on her as well because they can really take years off the Jeep as strange as it sounds...My friend did a similar restoration on a 1988 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer and he bought an original set of steel wheels online which really made the whole truck sparkle. Was just my little suggestion but I can't wait to see what you do with it! Make sure to post photos as well!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-xj-se-1513890/
TABonifacio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.