Thinking about swapping out my soft 8s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Thinking about swapping out my soft 8s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #16
BIGRED99

millhouse...I like your setup now, why change or at least save for something that may go wrong down the line or when you upgrade to 33's than make the switch, but hats off your Jeep looks awesome now!

I had american racing rims with 31's previously and as I noticed that they were getting dinged up from wheeling I upgraded to 33's and got my cragars for 30 a piece. I mean for what I use my rig for thats the best fit for me. They still look good cuz I incorporated the red/black theme and they were cheap. Expensive rims are nice, don't get me wrong but damn it's a Jeep like I care bout her but she's meant for one thing only and this to go wheeling and get beat up out there.
Here's the before and after with the diff rim.tire setups..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3032898

Red Jeep Club #485
BIGRED99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

I dont know what im gonna do, and your jeep looks pretty awesome! I thought about painting the outer rim gray. Im not sure im just throwing out ideas.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, those soft 8's look like crap on your rig. you may as well send them to me and get you some nice wheels and tires
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #19
jdhughes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Dude, if you can find a set of Moabs, they would look sweet with your color
jdhughes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.