think its time for the Jeep to be retired - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > think its time for the Jeep to be retired

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 04-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

think its time for the Jeep to be retired

The rear leaf springs are poking up through the floor and the rear rails have rusted all the way through bout 7 inches from the back of the Jeep everything has become so loose the tailgate will not shut right anymore.

forumrunner_20130422_010959.jpg

forumrunner_20130422_011020.jpg

forumrunner_20130422_011106.jpg

forumrunner_20130422_011201.jpg
Unless anyone has any creative ides to save this I think its time to give up I'm not against a sawzall and back halfing but I have to atleast make it sturdy enough for the springs.

1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Part it out, and start again

FOR SALE PM me if interested!
C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Finallyajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking rebuild rails plate the floor eliminate quarter windows and go truck bed style its hard to justify getting rid of something that runs
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
habbyguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Come on out to the desert southwest to buy the replacement XJ. You can still get a great deal on one, and it's most likely entirely rust-free. Mine's got 220,000 miles on it, and there isn't a bolt on it that won't come off like it ought to. Original exhaust. No rust anywhere, so as long as I can keep twisting wrenches, it'll keep on rolling. The only down side is that the paint (and sometimes the interior) can be pretty well-cooked (mine's been repainted twice, though the interior is clean because of dark tint and windshield shades).

Just get a stock, unhacked XJ and transfer all your nice parts over, and you're good for many years to come!
habbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Tis but a mere scratch.
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.