Think I snagged a nice find??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Think I snagged a nice find???

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 07-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
PrivateNorth
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Think I snagged a nice find???

So this is my new xj, spent a pretty long while checking the listings before I found it, and since then I havnt once seen another one that I would rather have.

Now theres nothing all that special about it, stock top to bottom, nothing factory has been touched hardly, except my touchups/mods to the flares and indicators and tail lights.

EVERYTHING works the way it should, it sounds great, its snappy as hell, and it rides as good as my buddies 2010 wrangler.

Heres the part that sold me... its got 85,000km on it, its never been offroaded, the previous owner only put 20,000 on it in almost 10 years, babied it and did all the maintanance.

I picked it up for a cool $2800

Why did I get it so cheap? The seller was bad with computers, he didnt have a picture on his ad, and he lived in a small town a ways out of calgary, and his original ad was for $3500 and no one responded... So the day he put up the new ad, I was the first one to respond.. the very next day after he had posted it, when I saw it I bought it on the spot.

In the near future I am planning a 3" lift, 31s maybe some lockers, I have a high flow intake from a 2001 4.0, I was considering a chip, intake spacer thingie... oh yeah, and removal of the factory decals, as well as the sport logo, to be replaced with some trail rated badges I picked up awhile ago....apparently that little horse and rider decal on the back was stock... This truck was a showroom model at one point they tell me.

any thoughts? anyone?

PrivateNorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice find being a 2 door in that good of shape. Congrats. Personnally I would skip the chip and throttle body spacer. They will give very little to no results. A good free flowing exhaust and tune-up will do more for you.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #3
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks mint. Nice find. JP just did an article on how to add 20 horse bolt on. Check that out if your interested in more ponies.
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
PrivateNorth
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I forgot to mention I also was planning to install a flowmaster super 44 and delete the cat. Does anyone here know how to override the sensor on those things??
PrivateNorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your not supposed to talk about illegal activity on here. But if it is a farm only truck check Google. And a 44 sounds great on a xj
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateNorth View Post
I forgot to mention I also was planning to install a flowmaster super 44 and delete the cat. Does anyone here know how to override the sensor on those things??
Don't delete the cat... no need, and as mentioned it is illegal. I would go with a good tune up, a good set of plugs (10,000 posts on this topic alone) and as mentioned, free flowing exhaust.

I popped in a bored TB, a set up 4 port injectors along with a Magnaflow cat back and while my HP is likely the same or close to stock, the drive-ability has increased substantially.

Excellent bang for your bucks...and I hear Chips in the 4.0L is not worth the $$.

Nice find!!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
rsurran
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would put it up on ramps or just crawl under and have a long slow look around. You may see areas that need attention (although with only 85K on it maybe not). At least if you find nothing you will be even more pleased with it.
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.