Think this is a good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Think this is a good deal?

Spartan Locker 1 day sale This Friday only!Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 Custom Control Arms from Clayton Off Road

Unread 05-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
donniekl

Think this is a good deal?

Hello all,
My first truck was a '95 XJ Sport and it was a blast to drive and get muddy every once and a while. Unfortunately it was a victim of 'Cash for Clunkers' so we won't go much further into that.
Anyway, I've always been on the look out for another XJ. I have a '97 Exploder now so the closest I can get to a straight trade would be the best. Saw this on CL the other day: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/2373119697.html What's interesting is that it has a complete Chevy drive train. Owner now said he bought it for the motor, but found another motor in the process so he hasn't touched the XJ. He hasn't run the numbers on the motor so he doesn't know exactly what it is. Also has a 205 transfer case. Do you think the $2550 is a fair price for this rig? Let me know what you think. or

donniekl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

a questionable 22 year old vehicle for 2500? i'd say a

currently jeepless
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
mtb_crzd47
2000 WJ 

The fact that it needs "a few finishing touches" seems sketch to me. And I have seen some HORRIBLE sbc swaps. Like angle iron for motor mounts. So if you do go look at it I would be very nit-picky about swapped stuff
mtb_crzd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
donniekl

Yeah I'm a little skeptical, but I'm going to go look at it this weekend. My main concern is rust where the sun don't shine and if it can be a DD for a little while. Motor mounts is a good point as well, thanks mtb. Anything you guys think I should be looking or asking for?
donniekl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.