JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   Thanks to Jeff at Rough Country (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/thanks-jeff-rough-country-1333664/)

JerpXJ 02-24-2012 03:15 PM

Thanks to Jeff at Rough Country

Just ordered my 4.5" x-series from Jeff, good fast service and said it will ship out today, and you can't beat the 10% discount! Thanks a ton Jeff, I will definitely come to you for any future purchases :2thumbsup:

Jeepnbo 02-24-2012 04:16 PM

congrats:cheers2: what did it cost you? also did u get the aal or full packs? youll have do before and after pics and yes i know itll look like every other pic but i still like to look and check them out

TitletownZJ 02-24-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerpXJ (Post 13118403)
Just ordered my 4.5" x-series from Jeff, good fast service and said it will ship out today, and you can't beat the 10% discount! Thanks a ton Jeff, I will definitely come to you for any future purchases :2thumbsup:

Yeah pics before and after Im looking at the same lift.

RedZJ 02-24-2012 05:17 PM

I guess we should get the tech section ready for you. Since you'll be asking a ton if questions.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepnbo
also did u get the aal or full packs?

Not that there full packs are that much better.. but I am hoping its not AAL

JerpXJ 02-24-2012 05:39 PM

I asked a ton of questions before i even bough my lift, but im sure ill have more :D and i will get a bunch of pictures when i go home on spring break to install it. the before and after is going to be pretty substantial because im hoping to get the lift in, new rockers (2x6 box) the new header panel, and a new back hatch installed all in one shot. maybe even some paint. and it was $852 for the x-series with full packs, steering stabilizer and shock boots shipped.

JeepXJMike20 02-24-2012 06:24 PM

nice. i am going to order parts through jeff from rough country for my 4.5" lift. i think rough country stuff is great and inexpensive i heard bad things awhile back about their full leaf packs and coil springs. I heard rough country has great customer service.

JerpXJ 02-24-2012 06:35 PM

Ive read just as much, if not more good than bad. The combination price along with their history of great customer service was a big factor in my decision.

JeepXJMike20 02-24-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerpXJ (Post 13119497)
Ive read just as much, if not more good than bad. The combination price along with their history of great customer service was a big factor in my decision.

i cant wait to order my parts from rough country and iro for my 4" lift kit. :drool::laugh:

JerpXJ 02-24-2012 07:56 PM

I know how you feel, I was so excited to order my lift I probably sounded like an idiot over the phone. :laugh:

VegasGT 02-24-2012 08:46 PM

My front end is RC 4.5" XFlex (newest style flex joints) and I absolutely love it. See a lot of people trash talking RC, but I really have had nothing but good luck from them. Went to them for my TJ and a couple XJ's in the past, so for me this was a no brainer on my current XJ.

My only issue is my buddy has their 4.5" leafs too and they are STIFF. Like, even beyond the whiners about ride quality, its stiff enough that its hurt him a few times out on the trail. They seem to have lightened up quite a bit now but the first month he had em it was borderline embarassing.

Most of the negative comments toward RC seem to be related to a poor ride, and to a certain extent, I can kind of agree. Around here we always say its called "ROUGH" country for a reason. But all jokes aside, I have never had a problem with any RC product failing in any sense of the word. No sagging springs (i dont do add-a-leafs), no breakage, no weld issues. Nothing.

And honestly, I cant notice much difference in my ride quality up front than from stock, and I point the finger at steeper control arm angles for that, not anything on RC themselves.

So id be proud of your purchase, you will be getting a nice product that will serve you well for a long time. ;)

JerpXJ 02-24-2012 09:10 PM

Yeah, I have read a lot of the same, but a stiff ride is all about perspective, my whole life ive rode in/driven work pickup trucks, which without any load in the bed are stiffer than having steel beams for suspension :laugh: but ride quality aside, i am glad to hear that the quality is quite high even for a low price. And VegasGT ive seen your build thread and im heading a very similar route, ive gotta say a lot of the decisions for tires and custom "baby flares" are similar to what i want to do with my XJ :2thumbsup:

VegasGT 02-24-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerpXJ (Post 13120411)
Yeah, I have read a lot of the same, but a stiff ride is all about perspective, my whole life ive rode in/driven work pickup trucks, which without any load in the bed are stiffer than having steel beams for suspension :laugh: but ride quality aside, i am glad to hear that the quality is quite high even for a low price. And VegasGT ive seen your build thread and im heading a very similar route, ive gotta say a lot of the decisions for tires and custom "baby flares" are similar to what i want to do with my XJ :2thumbsup:

Thanks, glad to be of inspiration with the build. ;)

Jeepnbo 02-24-2012 11:40 PM

i think as far as ride quality goes, is that you lifting a jeep and more then likely going to throw bigger meats under it so of course its not gonna ride like stock but they dont ride like Cadillac's so its a no win. I have been thinking bout buying RC to replace my old Skyjacker 3"..paints worn off and ide really like to be at 4.5" so i might be switching over to rough country...:shhh:

JeepXJMike20 03-07-2012 07:54 PM

how much did it cost just for the 4.5" flex series lift kit did you get 10% from what i heard from other guys rough country did free shipping on lift kits? really close to order my 4.5" full leaf springs lift kit.

Bane7962 03-07-2012 07:57 PM

It's a good kit, you'll be happy with it. My install was a *****, but that was due to rust, not the lift. did you get the adjustable control arms?

The time now is 02:08 AM.