Switching over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Switching over

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Switching over

Just a quicky guys n gals
looks like i will be the owner of a cherokee soon! well 2 to be exact, but one will be getting sold.
the one i will be keeping has a 3.5" re superflex lift and 32's, along with a lunchbox locker in the front 30.
plans are to run 35's on built axles with selectable lockers, install the 4.3 atlas i am keeping from the yj, and add some protection.
it's already a 4.0/auto, so all is good there, i hope
any way of locking the aw4 in a 2001 into first gear? i have researched a little and found ways for the earlier aw4's to lock into first, but not teh later ones. the article said something about the ecm being slightly different?
anyways, thats enough for now.
cheers

martin

2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
gijosiahh
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hey there! Here is a popular solution that a lot of the XJ guys do, if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.awshifting.com/index.html

Just went there and looks like he is closing up shop soon...so definitely take a look before that happens.
gijosiahh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.