sway bar quick disconnects - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > sway bar quick disconnects

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
teamskiawa
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I found that web site last week did it. It was easy to do. And cheap cost me 8 bucks at tsc. Yeah u have to be on level ground to get them in and out but level ground isn't too hard to find.

forumrunner_20111011_165451.jpg   forumrunner_20111011_165512.jpg   forumrunner_20111011_165600.jpg   forumrunner_20111011_165634.jpg   forumrunner_20111011_165653.jpg  

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

i hope this isnt a major problem if so i hope its cheap
teamskiawa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah they work great. level ground works best but i was able to get it back in on uneven grounds to. they are quick disconnects and about 1-2 minutes getting it all reconnected.
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
Jeepy84
2001 XJ Cherokee 

"After using this setup for over a year, one of my homemade discos failed while driving on the highway. Although this did not cause me to loose control or significantly change the driving behavior of my Jeep, it is never a good idea to drive at highway speeds with your swaybars disconnected. If you still plan to do this mod, I would strongly advise you to to check the hardware component on a regular basis for wear and replace them as needed."

All you need to know.
I snagged some free skyjacker discos before some discount JKSs that I had to practically rebuild (~$60). Highly recommend them over this if you drive aggressive, are in an area where people drive aggressive or like me, have to swerve a lot (to miss deer). One of those many things I have to think about again when I go higher next year...
Unread 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #19
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
"After using this setup for over a year, one of my homemade discos failed while driving on the highway. Although this did not cause me to loose control or significantly change the driving behavior of my Jeep, it is never a good idea to drive at highway speeds with your swaybars disconnected. If you still plan to do this mod, I would strongly advise you to to check the hardware component on a regular basis for wear and replace them as needed."

All you need to know.
I snagged some free skyjacker discos before some discount JKSs that I had to practically rebuild (~$60). Highly recommend them over this if you drive aggressive, are in an area where people drive aggressive or like me, have to swerve a lot (to miss deer). One of those many things I have to think about again when I go higher next year...
I check my suspension components about every 4 months. this set up works great for what i do.
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #20
howtowrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Will these work?

Does anyone know if these will work on a non-lifted JK? For $60 I want to try... Im planning on lifting it eventually and don't want to buy disconnects again after... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...jk via @amazon
howtowrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #21
indeepwithajeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've done the clevis pin swaybar disconnect and I didn't like it. It just seemed like it was slightly better than no connection at all. So I used a 1/2" bolt (iirc) and a wing nut and some washers. You also want to drill the bolt to get a cotter pin in so the wing nut won't back out. This setup felt just as it did from factory IMO..

I didn't have the holes drilled in the bolt yet for the cotter pins.. It will back out even with split washers. Except the top wing nut will stay put without a cotter pin.
indeepwithajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.