sway bar quick disconnects - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > sway bar quick disconnects

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sway bar quick disconnects

Hey guys i search for sway bar quick disconnect and found this website

http://www.4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html

I am thinking about doing sway bar quick disconnects to my jeep cherokee xj
is it a big advangtage of having sway bar quick disconnects for wheeling?

check out my build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...ld-xj-1156115/

JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here is my opinion on these... THEY SUCK!!! I did this to my jeep and i thought there were great at the time. Dont get me wrong, they work... but click and rattle around plus it is extremely hard to get them to fit right unless you are on perfectly flat ground. IMO i wouldnt run them. If you are really concerned about keeping your front sway bar, I would buy some JKS discos. I personally dont run a front sway bar because I get little to none body roll. Its nice to not have to get out of your Jeep and just go wheel, especially if you wheel a lot. The biggest argument is turning quickly on the freeway. If you are a good driver and are aware of your surroundings you should be fine.

Hope this helped.. Btw if you decide to do this mod, make sure you carry extra cotter pins and check them regularly along with your washers.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
AKkid907
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i just did this mod to my rig. I'll try to keep you updated on my findings
AKkid907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am going to do this mod i think it is going to work great for me.
I am going to use grade 8 hardware.
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #5
AKkid907
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Definitely go with grade 8. So far after driving around for a day or so on the icey highway I really don't hear or feel a difference from this mod, but it dose sure make wheelin a hell of a lot quicker to take part in!
AKkid907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
Here is my opinion on these... THEY SUCK!!! I did this to my jeep and i thought there were great at the time. Dont get me wrong, they work... but click and rattle around plus it is extremely hard to get them to fit right unless you are on perfectly flat ground. IMO i wouldnt run them. If you are really concerned about keeping your front sway bar, I would buy some JKS discos. I personally dont run a front sway bar because I get little to none body roll. Its nice to not have to get out of your Jeep and just go wheel, especially if you wheel a lot. The biggest argument is turning quickly on the freeway. If you are a good driver and are aware of your surroundings you should be fine.

Hope this helped.. Btw if you decide to do this mod, make sure you carry extra cotter pins and check them regularly along with your washers.
Most of the time an accident occurs not because "you" (not you personally) are a bad driver but because there are other crazies on the road. Yeah I am sure that 99% of the time you can avoid an accident on the highway by paying attention, but what about that one time when you may have to swerve to avoid something like a blown out semi tire or something unexpected? Without a front sway bar your increasing your chance of rolling alot! I dont think saving a few mins on the trails not having to disconnect my sway bar is worth risking a rollover on the highway, but then again thats just my opinion.

FOR SALE PM me if interested!
C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Finallyajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyajeep View Post
Most of the time an accident occurs not because "you" (not you personally) are a bad driver but because there are other crazies on the road. Yeah I am sure that 99% of the time you can avoid an accident on the highway by paying attention, but what about that one time when you may have to swerve to avoid something like a blown out semi tire or something unexpected? Without a front sway bar your increasing your chance of rolling alot! I dont think saving a few mins on the trails not having to disconnect my sway bar is worth risking a rollover on the highway, but then again thats just my opinion.
True true.. then again my Jeep is used more around town then on the freeway. I can honestly yank my wheel pretty hard and dont get that much body roll. I just talked to somebody about this the other day and i like what he said: "im not going to agree or disagree with the no sway bar mod. I know my driving style but dont know theres. It is up to them to make the decision"
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
lostatindo
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20 View Post
I am going to do this mod i think it is going to work great for me.
I am going to use grade 8 hardware.
Were you able to find grade 8 clevis/cotter hardware?
lostatindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostatindo View Post
Were you able to find grade 8 clevis/cotter hardware?
yes, but i held off the idea of doing quick disconnects for now. because my set up is a 2" lift kit and 31 x 10.50 tires with 15x8 cragar 4" backspacing rims i dont think it would work well.
Unread 08-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #10
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

bought my rig with them, they are very nice for wheeling! I don't hear any noises from mine and its to bad idk the company of them haha. The only thing is once you disconnect them you have to zip tie or duct tape haha (thats all i had) the discos to the sway bar then rotate the sway bar and tape/zip tie the bar to your frame so it doesn't bang around.. AFter doing so, it was kinda a b*tch getting both sides on, took about 3 minutes but a lot more effort to get them back on.

In the end, worth it if you get ones that aren't
Corcor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am thinking of doing the quick disconnects on my jeep but i am lifted 2" and 31x10.50 set up i need to bumpstop the susspension so i am thinking is it even worth doing swaybar disconnects on my set up.
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Alright guys i am debating on doing this.
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Rubicon Express Gen 2's

DSC00749 by CDC_1994, on Flickr

have 0 complaints on them. No rattling, there easy easy easy

I would reccomend them to anyone. They adjust up to my 6 inch lift... i wouldn't push it and go bigger haha
Corcor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #14
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am thinking of doing my custom set up with a bracket. but i dont know how it would work with 31x10.50 and 2.5-3" lift. i dont really want my tires catch the fenders and damage them. i am bump stopped and trimmed fenders.
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #15
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Alright guys i am updating this thread. i did my swaybar quick disconnects. i need to install my upper link brackets. the ride didnt really change much however it gave a smoother ride. it diff helped out flexing the suspension. but here is pics

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.