Swap question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Swap question

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 09-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
JerpXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Swap question

Ok guys, more than likely I am going to be getting an entire parts jeep for some miscellaneous big parts and spares of others, it's a '99 and I already have my project which is a 2000, unfortunately body wise my 2000 is in better shape or I would be building up the 99. However, I want to swap out the bad of the 2000, with the good from the '99 (LPD30, 0331 head, etc.) My main question is how hard is it going to be to swap out the head and other major engine components from the '99 to my 2000? I will have the whole XJ, so I should have all the necessary parts, correct?

JerpXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
JerpXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Since no one is giving any input, I am going to throw out there what I think I have to do, and you can correct me if I am wrong. Sound good? Here we go, in order to get rid of the lpd30 thats easy, take it out and throw in the hpd30, simple, but as for engine components, in order to get rid of the infamous 0331 (which hasnt given me any guff, this is just preventative) I would have to swap out the head (obviously) any sensors on it that differ from the other, along with the coil rail for the distributor system from the '99, and more than likely the computer, which means I can probably get rid of the 1 billion sensor exhaust thats on it now. Is this making any sense?
JerpXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.0 swap , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.