Sub box for my XJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 AM
mschi772
Web Wheeler
 
mschi772's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddblood View Post
but I'd imagine a box could be built for ONE 12.
It can be. Again, the guy I linked earlier builds boxes for 12's as well.


Build Thread -- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/whats-chrokeese-build-thread-2525690/
mschi772 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 05:49 AM
pmondo
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: marietta, pa
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
It can be. Again, the guy I linked earlier builds boxes for 12's as well.
That guy you linked...........is a joke in my book. Didnt have a good experience with him and canceled my order. I noticed he is pulling the same ***** just recently.......
pmondo is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Muddblood
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Golden
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmondo View Post
Thats a nice box, have always wanted to mess with fiberglass but never did.

The cubbie is easy to build, and a 12 would be no problem to fit. But I tell ya, that sundown 8" sub will put a hurtin on most 12s.
Mosty ENTRY level 12's maybe. lol. Dollar for dollar, when speaking in terms of single sub setups, bigger is better. It's all about cone surface area and power handling...in very basic terms, how much air a speaker moves. Now if we are talking multiple sub setups, then yes, 4 8's (or even 3) would pound harder than 2 12's, in the same volume of air (box) and if done correctly, the same SURFACE area too.
Muddblood is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 09:59 AM
pmondo
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: marietta, pa
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddblood View Post
Mosty ENTRY level 12's maybe. lol. Dollar for dollar, when speaking in terms of single sub setups, bigger is better. It's all about cone surface area and power handling...in very basic terms, how much air a speaker moves. Now if we are talking multiple sub setups, then yes, 4 8's (or even 3) would pound harder than 2 12's, in the same volume of air (box) and if done correctly, the same SURFACE area too.
Ever hear an e8v3? Its also an entry level line of sub. Its all in the box...........

99 TJ
00 XJ
06 WK SRT-8, 966hp
pmondo is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
mschi772
Web Wheeler
 
mschi772's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmondo
That guy you linked...........is a joke in my book. Didnt have a good experience with him and canceled my order. I noticed he is pulling the same ***** just recently.......
I'm not really plugging HIM, but I am using him as a demonstration that not only CAN a 12 be done, it HAS been done--no need to wonder "if" or "how." It's unfortunate that he's as flakey as you say because it looks like he does good work. Most homemade boxes I see are bulky and/or half-assed in some way, and I utterly loathe boxes that just sit in the open cargo area wasting space and getting in the way especially when my seat has to fold down--dumb.

Sent from my phone

Build Thread -- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/whats-chrokeese-build-thread-2525690/
mschi772 is offline  
post #21 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 AM
pmondo
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: marietta, pa
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
I'm not really plugging HIM, but I am using him as a demonstration that not only CAN a 12 be done, it HAS been done--no need to wonder "if" or "how." It's unfortunate that he's as flakey as you say because it looks like he does good work. Most homemade boxes I see are bulky and/or half-assed in some way, and I utterly loathe boxes that just sit in the open cargo area wasting space and getting in the way especially when my seat has to fold down--dumb.

Sent from my phone
I completely agree with the ability of one 12 fitting in there, its been done.
Yeah, I definitly wanted to leave the space open, like you said, to fold the seats down and not have to move a box and amp out of the way to haul things.

99 TJ
00 XJ
06 WK SRT-8, 966hp
pmondo is offline  
Reply

Tags
speakers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome