stupid question about trimmed fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > stupid question about trimmed fenders

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 12-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
specialEDGE
1998 XJ Cherokee 

stupid question about trimmed fenders

trimmed my fenders a while ago, fronts look good, backs i did a hack job but whatever, i learned for next time hah. anyway, i'll be putting flares on them eventually, but not for a while. I've seen some people have nice black rubber covering around both the front and rear cuts to make it look cleaner. is there a specific product to use for this? i'll be lifting the truck in a couple months but until then, i rub when i off-road and i noticed its caused some notches in the tires, so i think this will help that too.

thanks.

Last edited by specialEDGE; 12-18-2013 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: typo
specialEDGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialEDGE View Post
trimmed my fenders a while ago, fronts look good, backs i did a hack job but whatever, i learned for next time hah. anyway, i'll be putting flares on them eventually, but not for a while. I've seen some people have nice black rubber covering around both the front and rear cuts to make it look cleaner. is there a specific product to use for this? i'll be lifting the truck in a couple months but until then, i rub when i off-road and i noticed its caused some notches in the tires, so i think this will help that too.

thanks.
It won't help your tire rub - you need to be properly bump stopped for that if you're concerned with it.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Door edging, autozone and advance sell it.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

http://dpgoffroad.com/products/protekto/

this is the stuff you want, and you'll have plenty of extra when you're done or in case you mess up.

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.