Strengthen 4 offroad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Strengthen 4 offroad

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
KMason
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Strengthen 4 offroad

Took my cherokee out on some logging roads for fishin and lets just say it was a bumpy ride. My question is (besides a lift) what mods or ups can i do to make her feel better off road? Bigger sway bars? New shocks? Tire size is probably the most obvious, but i can only fit whatever stock ride height can fit which i believe is 30x9.5x15 no money for lift right now

KMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Disconnect swaybars, nice set of shocks like bilstein, an agressive 30x9.50 would help and rub a little. You could do a budget boost with spacers and add a leafs for pretty cheap?
freestylekid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

air down! what pressure are you running. no sway bars and airing down will make your ride really good for some bumpy roads. i run 40 on the road and 20 on the trail with my 30x9.5r15 tires.

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.