Stock bumper light bar - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 55 Old 12-31-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
bradford027
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Will do.....If anyone has access to a wrangler to get that measurement it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise ill be trolling parking lots w/ my tape measure..lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 55 Old 01-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Motorcharge

My neighbors got one, I'll measure real quick later tonight if I get a chance.

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|SOLD|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #18 of 55 Old 01-01-2009, 09:02 PM
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hmmm does anyone have a photo of one of these mounted? This would be sweet, 2 or 4 lights on the lightbar, and 4 in the front on my rack.

I am now considering getting one of these instead of an entire bumper. Plus, I did just get tow hooks.

'99 Techno Violet M3 | '05 Audi S4 quattro 6MT | '04 BMW 330i | '86 BMW 535i | '96 Jeep Cherokee

post #19 of 55 Old 01-01-2009, 09:21 PM
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsky View Post
Thanks for the info. I need somewhere to mount my Hellas that are on the way and not sure if I want to go straight into the bumper or not.
I can help you out with the "not sure if you want to mount to the bumper"

Here's my Hella 700ff's. The stock bumper has 2 holes that are pre-drilled but one of them is almost impossible to get to without removing the bumper. So I drilled 2 new holes closer together. The bumper has a flat top, then it angles and then goes straight down, I drilled the holes right before it angled and that gave me just enough room to mount them and adjust them correctly.

Those are the best pics I have right now of the lights. Hope it helps you out

-Max Black 1996 XJ

4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.

Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
post #20 of 55 Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 PM
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996BlackXJ View Post
I can help you out with the "not sure if you want to mount to the bumper"

Here's my Hella 700ff's. The stock bumper has 2 holes that are pre-drilled but one of them is almost impossible to get to without removing the bumper. So I drilled 2 new holes closer together. The bumper has a flat top, then it angles and then goes straight down, I drilled the holes right before it angled and that gave me just enough room to mount them and adjust them correctly.

Those are the best pics I have right now of the lights. Hope it helps you out
Nice..looks good.

But I didnt think the holes were impossible to get to..theyre not the easiest thing in the world since you gotta have a nut underneath but it wasnt really that hard..

My Rigs:
2000 XJ
2003 TJ
post #21 of 55 Old 01-02-2009, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
bradford027
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice jeep. Ill probably mount them to the bumper if the Wrangler bar wont work. I like the looks of the light bar. I think it gives the front end a little better look. I still havent got that measurement yet for the wrangler either.
post #22 of 55 Old 01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
deanerf

I used the stock location. I notched the bottom of the bumper though, so they would be easier to adjust if need be (you can see in the picture where i cut)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53...P/IMG_5561.jpg

The only thing is, I used really cheapo lights that are quite deep and being in the stock location I had to notch the grill out a bit so i could get them aimed high enough
post #23 of 55 Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerf View Post
I used the stock location. I notched the bottom of the bumper though, so they would be easier to adjust if need be (you can see in the picture where i cut)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53...P/IMG_5561.jpg

The only thing is, I used really cheapo lights that are quite deep and being in the stock location I had to notch the grill out a bit so i could get them aimed high enough
Notching the bottom part of the bumper was a really good idea. I bet its a hell of a lot easier then having to go behind and underneath with bends and extensions and ****.

My Rigs:
2000 XJ
2003 TJ
post #24 of 55 Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
madrabbitt

KOR is making them for the ZJ, the WJ is next up, but im sure if theres enough demand, especially with zoneworks going out of buisness, an Xj one would be doable.

Installing HID's in stock housings is bad.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
post #25 of 55 Old 01-03-2009, 07:41 AM
dudeinajp

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I emailed Detours (http://www.detoursusa.com) about fabbing up some since he does custom fab work and he's an hour from me too! Anyone have any suggestions on how many lights you want the bar to hold? 2, 3, 4, more?? I gave him a link to this thread also.
post #26 of 55 Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 AM
blue92cherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

3 lights look best in my opinion. fills it up nice 4 is too many and 2 is a little dinky or what about a whole bunch of mounting tabs so every one can choose themselves if you had 5 tabs spaced out so you could put 2 either centered or spaced wide, you could do 4 smaller lights or 3 bigger ones that way everyone iss not limited to the same configuration

something like this
post #27 of 55 Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
bradford027
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was personally only looking to put on 2 lights, but I guess if it has 4 light tabs it doesnt mean you have to put 4 lights. If someone was willing to fab one I would let them figure out what works best as far as number of light tabs.
post #28 of 55 Old 01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgerman1983 View Post
3 lights look best in my opinion. fills it up nice 4 is too many and 2 is a little dinky or what about a whole bunch of mounting tabs so every one can choose themselves if you had 5 tabs spaced out so you could put 2 either centered or spaced wide, you could do 4 smaller lights or 3 bigger ones that way everyone iss not limited to the same configuration

something like this
I like this idea. That way you can choose where you want you lights.

My Rigs:
2000 XJ
2003 TJ
post #29 of 55 Old 01-03-2009, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
bradford027
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Also, the original Zoneworx light bar held 3 lights on 97-up XJ's and 4 for pre 97's. I assume this was due to the plastic wrap around end caps on later models. The Zoneworx bars mounted on the beveled front edge of the bumper instead of the flat top. This gives it a bit of an angle which I thought was a nice touch.
post #30 of 55 Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Detoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude in an xj View Post
I emailed Detours (http://www.detoursusa.com) about fabbing up some since he does custom fab work and he's an hour from me too! Anyone have any suggestions on how many lights you want the bar to hold? 2, 3, 4, more?? I gave him a link to this thread also.

For whatever reason, your reply was rejected & bumped back.....please double check your email imput, thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.