Still hooked with new 90 virgin Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Still hooked with new 90 virgin Jeep

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 09-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
mtnsammy
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Still hooked with new 90 virgin Jeep

I tried to stop but I got a sweet deal on a 1990 4 door auto. It is basic white with no frills and never modified. Cost......$1000. 100% stock. We all know what that means, more to spend on.

So I started with the basics, like smogging it. With an oil change, cap rotor and plugs, filters she was the cleanest of the month... whatever. At least I do not have a 180,000 jeep that is toast.

Now There are some repairs to make it comfortable. AC is empty but still set up for r12. Ujoints and shocks sound original but I have 4 different makes for my shocks. Ujoints were one solid blob of oil. Blasted clean and now they all rattle. Better now than on a trail or away from home.

Later, lift, bumpers, interior roll cage welded in, seat I can sit in for several hours, sounds, gutting rear out and making it all open for dead animals and equipment.

I have little desire for extreme off roading and actually was thinking of only going to 225 tires maybe TKO's? I was hoping to get some feedback and pics. I do not want to make this a road toad that gets 9MPG and cannot climb freeways and hills. My last Cherokee did well with 225's but scraped a lot on bad trails. I just cannot picture 2" lift with 225's and summer Jeeps are almost gone in Big Bear so I cannot just poke around till next year. Definitely staying just a tad over an asphalt crawler but looks are important.

Glad to be back.

mtnsammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome back. Sounds like you're off to a good start with this one.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Congratulations DunmerBoy as the October Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
mtnsammy
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Looked at several Jeeps in the desert today. I like the look with 285s and 30's. Still I am not positive so since money will be the limit I will start to save for tires and a lift and see what comes up.
mtnsammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.