Stereo fit kit anywhere? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Stereo fit kit anywhere?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
AnthonyF85

Stereo fit kit anywhere?

Hey there, I am a new owner a 94 XJ after I totaled my Cobra I wanted something different...and slower. lol. Anyways, love my XJ and It didn't have a radio in it. So I had a spare sony stereo from my girls car and I wired it all up to make sure it worked...well I spent hours upon hours upon DAYS looking for a fit kit. I ordered 1 that I thought would fit and I didn't even read what vehicles it mounted to. Well, after receiving it I found out it DOES not fit my 94 XJ. Is there anywhere that I can find a stereo installation fit kit for this thing? Or am I SOL? Thanks in advance!!

AnthonyF85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
jimk403
2009 JK Wrangler 

Try Crutchfield. I bought my son a stereo for his '90 from them and it came with the mounting kit. They sell it separately.
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
MossGreen97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Like Jim stated, try Crutchfield. They should be very helpful over the phone as well. Quadratec sells install kits for Sony's that are plug and play, harness adapter that connects to factory and is Sony specific. I have a Sony head unit with a Scosche HU mount and speaker wire adapters. No cutting or splicing.
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I don't buy car audio supplies anywhere but Crutchfield. Their prices may not always be the best, but the free installation kits and vehicle-specific installation instructions are great. Their customer service is top-notch, and they have lots of informative articles and other reference material on their site that can really get a novice up to speed on many things.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Best buy and Walmart always have them around here. I've never bothered with one and never had a problem with any of my decks moving around or coming out.
Unread 12-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Best buy and Walmart always have them around here. I've never bothered with one and never had a problem with any of my decks moving around or coming out.
X2 best buy definitely would, and wallyworld is also a fairly strong bet on getting one from there
If not would simply amazon-ing it work?
Unread 12-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF85 View Post
Is there anywhere that I can find a stereo installation fit kit for this thing? Or am I SOL? Thanks in advance!!
Yes, Crutchfield, Walmart, Best Buy, auto parts stores, etc. usually have them as others stated. That being said I had two different ones and didn't like they way either of them fit (and one of them broke a mounting tab). So I made some brackets from 22 ga. sheet steel (you should be able to find this at any hardware store), pre-96 XJs already have a DIN sized opening so an aftermarket radio fits well without any "fit-kit" but the stock radio is front mount so you need to make some kind of bracket that screws to the side of the radio and the two mounting holes on the front of the dash (basically an L bracket).
dmill89 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.