Spare XJ parts for my trip to Moab - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Spare XJ parts for my trip to Moab

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 09-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
niels74
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Spare XJ parts for my trip to Moab

Hey I could use some suggestions here. I have been taking my XJ to Moab every year for the last several years and when I see a broken down jeep on the trails it always scares me. I'd like to be prepared this time. I would love to get any suggestions on any spare parts to bring. That is, common parts that have a history of going bad on XJ's, or other parts that it would just be a good idea to bring along. I know a belt is a obvious choice but what else?

Thanks for anyone's help!

jeep.jpg  
niels74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

U joints, ball joints, TRE's, spare driveshaft, brake lines, wheel studs. If I think of some more I will get back to you.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Jb quick weld
Duck tape
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
rustbuilder
1981 CJ5 

Water! U-bolt strap kit, First aid kit,fire extinguisher.
rustbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

U- Joints, Ball joints, Front Axle Shafts, Pinion Yokes, Belts, Hub's , Coolant/Water .............. Take 2 gallons per person per day you'll be surprised how much you will drink. Also get the Moab Trails book by Charles A Wells. It has pictures, descriptions , GPS Cords of all trails . All of us Utah guys have it and use it . I suggest running Fins N Things first to get you used to going up and down, then do Hells Revenge that will be a full 8-10hr day of wheeling both trails are excellent and right next to each other . Sometimes you can follow a Jeep tour on Hells revenge . Moab Diner has great food and portion sizes . Eddie Mcstiffs treat you like **** if you have a kid **** that place, Moab Brewery has great beverages their food and wait staff is hit and miss
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
niels74
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks all of you for the great info!!!!! Also, I have been to Moab diner and agree!
niels74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

if your blessed with a SYE and are running a front shaft in the rear take 1 or 2 spares, spare front axle shafts and a 36MM socket to get the hub nut off and a 13MM 12 point socket to remove the unit bearings. 6L of oil, 3L of gear oil, 6L of ATF, 4-8L of clean water for the rad, new oil filter and a spare belt and full size spare tire. I bring hose clamps, few feet of 3/8 rubber hose, zip ties, screws and fasteners, small tubes of silicone and loctite. Booster cables, hand held scanner and all kinds of hand tools. i love moab, cant wait to go back.
XJ Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
teX-J
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I wanna go to Moab
teX-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

All good suggestions but after you destroy your springs from hauling the 900 lbs of extra gear listed, let us know how the trip went. Just kidding. Have fun, be safe.
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.