JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   so they say.. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/so-they-say-1567934/)

AM92 08-27-2013 05:48 PM

so they say..
 
build it right build it the first time,I have been doing endless research for my cherokee and have configured out this setup if anyone can tell me what they like or don't like about it let me know!!


so from re,iro,rc,clayton,bds, all have their bads and goods I came across this kit

http://dpgoffroad.com/products/44-5-...mu-hybrid-kit/

originally I was going to do 6.5" and 35s

changed my mind decided to save some cash and go with a 4.5" and 33s rancho adjustable shocks ,sye from teraflex,highsteer,33s hankook dynapros rt03

my rear is already swapped for the 8.8 regeared 4:56s with lsd

let me know what you guys think I'm curious to see what people who are riding this setup have to say!

cbenez1 08-27-2013 06:24 PM

Looks like a decent list of goodies except for the missing SYE.

cmoore 08-27-2013 06:39 PM

Builds are use specific. It's hard to comment on how "right" a build is without knowing where/what you're planning to do with it. Looks like a thoughtful setup though and it would be a fun setup to run around the PNW.

sAe23 08-27-2013 07:30 PM

33" (by what width??) tires will be a tight fit under a 4.5" lift.
At 4.5" / 5" you shouldn't need to go high steer, and you left out the shackle relocation brackets (jeez, you'd think I owned stock for all I've been suggesting these!), but they'll increase your lift by up to 2" and they'll change your pinion angle.

And I know OME is highly regarded but $2000?!?!? Ouch!

P.S. There is ALWAYS going to be something you'll want to change, so there is no such thing as doing it right the first time ;)

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

AM92 08-27-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAe23 (Post 15843681)
33" (by what width??) tires will be a tight fit under a 4.5" lift.
At 4.5" / 5" you shouldn't need to go high steer, and you left out the shackle relocation brackets (jeez, you'd think I owned stock for all I've been suggesting these!), but they'll increase your lift by up to 2" and they'll change your pinion angle.

And I know OME is highly regarded but $2000?!?!? Ouch!

P.S. There is ALWAYS going to be something you'll want to change, so there is no such thing as doing it right the first time ;)

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket


Haha 33 by 10.5 and for shackles I was thinking 1.5" 0r 2"
I think that j.e.e.p is a quote everyone lives by if you own one

AM92 08-27-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbenez1 (Post 15843378)
Looks like a decent list of goodies except for the missing SYE.

I heard tera flex was good but there is one sye Kit on iro it's like super short sye for np231 not sure if I need that one or not seems like it's aimed for wrangler or tjs

Timo_90xj 08-27-2013 10:00 PM

Although high steer isn't necessarily needed, I highly recommend going for it. It'll keep your steering angles a lot better, and it'll save you from all the trouble hitting the tierod on the rocks and tree stumps all the time. Stock steering is crappy anyways, so it needs to be addressed.

33s are NOT a tight fit on 4.5" lift by no means, unless for some reason you don't like to trim fenders. 35 x 12.50s fit pretty easily under 3-4" of lift with trimming and proper bumpstopping (and yes, you will have around 4" uptravel with that kind of setup). 33 , 10.50s will work perfect. I suggest to adjust CA lengths slightly longer than recommended by around 1". Depends on your overall setup though.

As was mentioned, shackle relocation brackets and a SYE + double joint driveshaft are more than likely required.

Tom95YJ 08-27-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo_90xj (Post 15844263)
Although high steer isn't necessarily needed, I highly recommend going for it. It'll keep your steering angles a lot better, and it'll save you from all the trouble hitting the tierod on the rocks and tree stumps all the time. Stock steering is crappy anyways, so it needs to be addressed.

33s are NOT a tight fit on 4.5" lift by no means, unless for some reason you don't like to trim fenders. 35 x 12.50s fit pretty easily under 3-4" of lift with trimming and proper bumpstopping (and yes, you will have around 4" uptravel with that kind of setup). 33 , 10.50s will work perfect. I suggest to adjust CA lengths slightly longer than recommended by around 1". Depends on your overall setup though.

As was mentioned, shackle relocation brackets and a SYE + double joint driveshaft are more than likely required.

Couldn't Agree more.

I am running a 3.5" Rubicon Express/Teraflex Hybrid with 33x10.50's
Mine works great

AM92 08-27-2013 10:25 PM

Thanks for all the feed back guys I would run 35s but I would have to to add cost of new rims and tires and the only skinnys are 35 9.5 by interco although they run by a different name name q something..

I would prefer more uptravel 33s are perfect

AM92 09-05-2013 10:04 AM

What do you guys think 33s 12.5 3.25 bs or 3.75

psychoteen101 09-05-2013 11:57 AM

Still have the dana30 in front? Any locker or LSD like the rear? If so, you might want to think about upgrading the axles if you havent already. on 33"+ tires, once you start getting into serious wheeling, you might run into problems. More so with the U-joint ears warping then the u joint caps fall out or become loose. After that happens, theres no real fix to that other than replacing the axle. If you dont want to spend the money on aftermarkt axles, look into Almost Alloy. I run them on my dana 30, 33's with an eaton tru trac lsd.

AM92 09-05-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoteen101 (Post 15875410)
Still have the dana30 in front? Any locker or LSD like the rear? If so, you might want to think about upgrading the axles if you havent already. on 33"+ tires, once you start getting into serious wheeling, you might run into problems. More so with the U-joint ears warping then the u joint caps fall out or become loose. After that happens, theres no real fix to that other than replacing the axle. If you dont want to spend the money on aftermarkt axles, look into Almost Alloy. I run them on my dana 30, 33's with an eaton tru trac lsd.

8.8lsd 4.56s rear and regearing front as well going with tru trac dana 30 hp

psychoteen101 09-05-2013 02:21 PM

yea then definitely upgrade the axles

AM92 09-05-2013 03:33 PM

What about the backspacing? 3.25 or 3.75

Tom95YJ 09-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AM92 (Post 15876106)
What about the backspacing? 3.25 or 3.75

I run 3.75 you wont have any issues with 3.75 or 4"


The time now is 11:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.