So I hear... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > So I hear...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

I've owned two XJ's (one current, one sold) and currently own a WJ. The XJ's outwheel the WJ hands down, even with XJ open diffs vs WJ front true trac/rear quadradrive axles. Dunlop mud terrain's on the XJ, BFG KM2's on the WJ. The WJ is more comfortable and has more power (4.7L), but it's heavier than the XJ, longer wheel base, and I prefer the NV231/242 over my WJ's NV247 transfer case.

Unread 02-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You have a much greater choice of options from budget to top dollar with an XJ and many choices in between. It is a better supported aftermarket as well.

I personally prefer the WJ to other Grand Cherokee models - I always have. It is not cheap to find bumpers for them though as curved metal to match curved body lines just isn't off the rack like the more square XJ.

There is plenty of power in the 4.0L for the weight of an XJ, but a V8 is king by displacement alone in most cases.

I'm an XJ guy with a Commander coming as my DD in about a year so boxy is good for me. I've never wheeled with a WJ before so I don't have personal information to add about one being better than the other offroad.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.