So I have a few questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > So I have a few questions...

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 09-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have a 01 XJ Sport with a saggy 3 inch suspension lift. I was thinking of doing either the 3.5" RE coils and leafs and shackle the rear to my liking, but now I've started thinking about going up to a 4.5" RE coils and leafs. If I make that jump what all will I have to do? T case drop? Extended away bar attachments? Anything else? I can save $100 if I move up to 4.5"

XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Also my tires are rubbing my control arms when I'm at about 7/9 turn, is there a way to fix that without getting wheel spacers?
Unread 09-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
Renix
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Sye, extended sway bar links, front and rear pinion rotate, mainly the rear. Adjustable uca and lca. Steering geometry drag link vs track bar. Adjustable track bar. Proper wheel spacing so you don't rub.
None of this has to be done. But probably will be done cause it will drive like crap if you don't.
Unread 09-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Would I be fine with extended sway bar links, sye, t case drop. I'll probably add washers so that I won't rub anymore. Do I need new control arms?
Unread 09-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
Renix
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01 View Post
Would I be fine with extended sway bar links, sye, t case drop. I'll probably add washers so that I won't rub anymore. Do I need new control arms?
SYE or a t case drop. One or the other. Start with the t case drop. If you get driveline vibes you'll have to do a SYE.

Where are you adding washers? Hopefully not to widen the wheelbase.

Control arms might not be needed. You'll have to lift it and drive it to see.

Heres the thing if you put adjustable UCAs and LCAs when you do the lift its much easier than going backwards and putting them on after you've tested the driveablilty.
At 4.5 inches you could very well experience front driveline vibes. Thats where you'll need the Adjustable UCAs for front pinion angle. And the LCAs will help push the back forward because as you lift the front axle pulls back.

you will most definitely need a adjustable track bar your stock one will never cut it.

What size tire you plan on stuffin? Is all this necessary?
If you don't do it right the first time it will be a headache.
Unread 09-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

right now i just have 31s but once money allows, I want to move up to at least 33s. Adding washers on the steering stops will cause it to stop earlier so i wont rub
Unread 09-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #7
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

1. What makes you think it's saggy?
2. Why do you need to go higher?
3. You can easily adjust your steering stops with washers. Google XJ steering stop adjustment and a ton of guides should come up.
Unread 09-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
1. What makes you think it's saggy?
2. Why do you need to go higher?
3. You can easily adjust your steering stops with washers. Google XJ steering stop adjustment and a ton of guides should come up.
My leafs are nearly flat

I was gonna just revamp my current set up but I could save $100 on my coils if I went another 1.5" but that's not gonna make a software due to extra expense so I'm gonna do what I originally planned. Renew my 3"
RE 3.5" coils and leafs. Then some pro comp steelies (band wagon) detours bumper brow and 2 KC appolo pros

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.