SnowSport 180 plow??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > SnowSport 180 plow???

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
00XJMikey
Broke XJ Lover

2000 XJ Cherokee 

SnowSport 180 plow???

Anyone ever use one? Thoughts on it for personal use?

http://shop.agricover.com/product/snowsport180

I'm considering getting one to more effectively clear my parking area and make it safer for my fiancée to get to the county road easier. I don't yet have a front receiver, but I'm going to order a bumper combo for nates4x4 to add recovery points and front/rear 2" hitches.

Unread 12-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

From what I have seen, they work ok for small amounts of snow. I wouldn't use them for larger snowfalls because they become a pain to pull forward and you have to drive in reverse all the time.

Honestly, for that price, you could buy one beast of a snowblower, and not risk tweaking the unibody on the XJ.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
00XJMikey
Broke XJ Lover

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
From what I have seen, they work ok for small amounts of snow. I wouldn't use them for larger snowfalls because they become a pain to pull forward and you have to drive in reverse all the time.

Honestly, for that price, you could buy one beast of a snowblower, and not risk tweaking the unibody on the XJ.
They mount in any standard 2" hitch, so they can be mounted up front if you have a hitch receiver. I don't need a snowblower. I already have have a john Deere x300 with a 44" plow. Just looking a warmer, more effective alternative.

Thanks for the input.
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
BigBadWuf
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Buy an old beater plow truck thats to rusty to be road legal, here they go for between $600- $1000.
BigBadWuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
00XJMikey
Broke XJ Lover

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadWuf View Post
Buy an old beater plow truck thats to rusty to be road legal, here they go for between $600- $1000.
I'll see what's around. Might have to until spring/summer for a good deal.
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I think you'd do better to stick with the JD.
The SnowSport seems a bit gimmicky to me. My 60" atv plow weighs twice what it does and the lack of pivot or lift ability is a major handicap. I could see it maybe working okay on fresh powder that hasn't been driven on, but that's about it. Not sure what you're supposed to do if the blade fills up before you reach the end of a run, maybe just drive around the pile.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Enter Your Jeep in the April COTM Contest... NAOW!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
00XJMikey
Broke XJ Lover

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I think you'd do better to stick with the JD.
The SnowSport seems a bit gimmicky to me. My 60" atv plow weighs twice what it does and the lack of pivot or lift ability is a major handicap. I could see it maybe working okay on fresh powder that hasn't been driven on, but that's about it. Not sure what you're supposed to do if the blade fills up before you reach the end of a run, maybe just drive around the pile.
I was thinking of mounting three flame throwers on top of the plow for when it tilts

I'm going to look around at cheap plow trucks and plows under $2000. The local dealer said the bare minimum requirement for a plow is power lift/lower and manual or power angle, other wise I'm just going to work against myself.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.