slow build thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > slow build thread

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 09-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #61
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Haha yea i use 4low to climb on stumps and stuff like that, but just regular wheelin i use 4hi or 2wd. I gotta set up a few more things to flex on, maybe sometime later this week if i dont have to much homework. I hate that too when i have a friend with me and they think they gotta crank the radio to make a enterance to pull into the gas station and stuff like that just because i have a sub

freestylekid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #62
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think I'm going to spend my day climbing onto stuff lol

I'm kinda hesitant to though because my shocks are a bit too long for my setup right now and I don't want to compress them anymore than I have to.

BTW, what do you have planned for the XJ next?

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #63
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That sounds fun, i think im gonna go find some trails next weekend, but first i gotta get some towhooks on incase i get stuck again... I got it stuck in the mud last week and had to hook onto the front axle to get it out

I think i'm gonna trim that wind gaurd thing off the bottom of the bumper, then try to fab on some ford tow hooks my uncle gave me. Then i'd really like to get some hella's or something but we'll see, gas is starting to get pretty expensive too lol.
Unread 09-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #64
CherokeeGT
1998 TJ Wrangler 

those dirty looks you get when rollin into town sporting your mud

they make me feel TUFF
CherokeeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #65
CherokeeGT
1998 TJ Wrangler 

oh and for the record just because i have no sway bar i dont recomend it either (unless you dont die in a horrible crash then it was totally my recomendation)

i also dont recomend owning or driving an isuzu trooper (unless i hate you then i totally recomend it)
CherokeeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #66
RHINOZJ
1994 ZJ 

This is looking pretty good. Taking your time always seems to produce the better rigs out there. There are the few that like dead lines, and during crunch time they produce some killer stuff, but most of the rigs that are out there, that people actually enjoy both on and off road, are ones that took a little time to build.

Keep up the good work.

[color=Black][center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"]Built Not Bought #144[/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]

Last edited by RHINOZJ; 09-15-2009 at 04:23 PM..
RHINOZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #67
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

x2, it especially gives you time to get to know your driving style, what kind of jeepin you like and what you'll need to help out on the trail instead of just throwing aftermarket gear on it and not needing half of it.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

Unread 09-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #68
RHINOZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
x2, it especially gives you time to get to know your driving style, what kind of jeepin you like and what you'll need to help out on the trail instead of just throwing aftermarket gear on it and not needing half of it.
I couldn't agree more. Homework, homework, homework. You don't have to do what everbody is else is doing. What they do to their rig is for their style of wheeling and it may reflect your style at all.

You can dump a ton of money into a rig build and be no better off when you are done then you were before you started.

[color=Black][center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"]Built Not Bought #144[/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]
RHINOZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #69
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Haha yea CherokeeGT i get what your sayin about feelin tuff rollin into town gettin looks sportin mud but sometimes i feel like their just lookin at me cus they think im a punk kid. And yea so far its pretty good for me, but i really wish i could put a bigger lift on it... Maybe after christmas i'll have the dooolers to build onto my 2" with some spacers and leafs and build her up to a 4" Also does anyone have any recomendations on what i should do next to make it look better or be more functionable?
Unread 09-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #70
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

look for an LSD rear end or a low price locker, you can sometimes find a lunchbox style locker on ebay for $300, look for a powertrax or an aussie... or lincoln lock it if you don't drive on-road much. I know you drive on the road a lot though.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #71
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yea maybe someday i'll get a locker, but for now i dont really do that much wheelin that would require it.
Unread 09-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #72
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

build a new front bumper

Ronald Reagan

Unread 09-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #73
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't have any scrap metal layin around.. I did think about that iron scorpion one or whatever it was called that comes as a kit that you just weld together though, but i'm not the greatest welder lol.
Unread 09-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #74
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Alright well i pulled the little plastic trim peice that goes on the bottom of the bumper off but i still have to trim the endcaps so it dont look like it has buckteeth lol.
Unread 09-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #75
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

how'd you cut it out?

utility knife?

Ronald Reagan

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.