Sliders and pinch seam and self tapping screws - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Sliders and pinch seam and self tapping screws

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
1995_XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Sliders and pinch seam and self tapping screws

Ok, well I bought a pair of AJ's sliders off a member here at a great price, I love them! I have yet to put them on though, been a little busy

First I want to say that I tried to search but I could not find anything( I'm sure someone is going to prove me wrong though) However, I don't see how sliders mounting to the pinch seam add any support? It seems weak to me, at least mine. They are not in the best of shape... and neither are my rockers. I really need to get someone to weld me in new ones, but assuming I can get my sliders bolted to the pinch seam(along with the ones on the frame,if I was not clear) would it be sufficient enought with my rotted rockers?

Second question is I do not think that I have all of the hardware to mount them. I might try contacting AJ, but does anyone know the size of the self tapping screws I would need?

Also, I thought all I had to do once I get the sliders aligned was drill the hole, then screw in the self tapper. Right? Because my dad was saying that I need a round female end that is pushed through the hole and then I put the screw in that. I'm not really sure haha, getting used to all this still.

Sorry for the grammer and how I describe things! I'm probably not making any sense at all

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

That is how all sliders mount on the pinch seam and unibody rail. I've had my jeep on the sliders a ton this year dragging up and down waterfalls slamming on boulders and ledges. Mine are fine it is plenty strong.

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.