Since Raybestos says they can't help me....... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Since Raybestos says they can't help me.......

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
greenlawnjeeper
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Since Raybestos says they can't help me.......

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b.../#post15518593

get a replacement upper Ball Joint boot to replace the one that split, the only thing I can think of at this point is to buy the cheapest Ball Joint available and use that boot. I'm suprised no company makes poly boots for the Jeep. Anyone ever find a close replacment poly boot to replace a split boot? Thanks

p6050228.jpg   p6050229.jpg   ball-joint-boot-diagram.jpg  
'96 Cherokee Country, Magnaflow cat and Borla exhaust, Hella 550's, Up Country suspension, Michelin MS 2's in 235x15 and Edelbrock IAS shocks. 91K orig. miles - the wife uses it ('cept when I borrow it to go huntin').
greenlawnjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
greenlawnjeeper
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I've ordered Energy suspension #9.13130R and 9.13119G. They will be too "tall" but I think I will be able to cut them down from the large opening end to fit. Will update.
'96 Cherokee Country, Magnaflow cat and Borla exhaust, Hella 550's, Up Country suspension, Michelin MS 2's in 235x15 and Edelbrock IAS shocks. 91K orig. miles - the wife uses it ('cept when I borrow it to go huntin').
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Modstock
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I know 4 wheel parts has em' (energy suspension) . When I had the front end rebuilt tie rods, b-joints they put those on at my request . But...... I think the factory rubber boots last longer cause they are already starting to crack .
Modstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
greenlawnjeeper
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modstock View Post
I know 4 wheel parts has em' (energy suspension) . When I had the front end rebuilt tie rods, b-joints they put those on at my request . But...... I think the factory rubber boots last longer cause they are already starting to crack .
None of them appear to be part specific for the "Jeep." I wrote down a couple of sizes (9.13132G and b9.13126R) that appear to be the same shape. My order will arrive Monday with the boots I had previously ordered (that I know I will have to trim down shorter) that I think should work. Will advise. I called ES and they confirmed they don't make BJ boots for the Jeep.
Thanks for the reply.
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
greenlawnjeeper
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I started a new thread on my repair so those searching about split boots could find a "fix"

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/.../#post15560892

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.